North Carolina

Swain County!!

welcome-byc.gif

ok, normally i am not one to really complain or cause trouble, but this situation has gotten out of control.

there is a girl on facebook from denton nc, who is buying other people's chicks and selling them as her own with major mark ups. the part that really irritates me, is that she is claiming to have NPIP chicks because the people she has bought the chicks from are NPIP (I am friends with 2 of the people she contacted for chicks) but she her self is not NPIP. i feel like this is not only unfair to her customers, but to the people she originally bought the chicks from. do i just sit on my hands and look the other way, or is there a way to make people realize that she is a fraud?

Here is the e-mail of the person in charge of the NPIP Program in NC. [email protected] I would send a message with your concerns as well as well as the person's contact info. If you don't heard back from them, PM me and I will give you a phone number to call.
Carolyn

Well...home from the doctors...looks like my incubator will be running for another few weeks as they won't even "check" to see if anything is happening for another week & a half. Basically, I just wasted over 2 hours of my time, driving there (it's an hour each way) just to say HELLO to a doctor for less than 5 minutes and leave. Haha...perhaps I will skip next week?!? Haha...jk

Looks like it's going to be a HOT one today. DH was planning on working only a half day, but someone just HAD to call an afternoon meeting,
barnie.gif
so he's back to working a full day...at least the entire day is overtime!! While DD sleeps, I am going to wash & scrub out the "pond" for the ducks so we can get it partially dug into the ground either later this evening when it cools down or tomorrow!! Then...I just sit and wait until someone has some older ducks for me!! I don't know what kind of ducks yet though...so long as they are good with kids and aren't TOO loud, I don't think we'll care...
suggestions duck people? I will have to "put my order in" from my BYC'er hatcher if it's something she doesn't already have...although chances of that happening are SLIM!!
lau.gif
As for adding to our hens...I'm thinking maybe a few EE (since I have one "mutt" who's a sweetie) for a little color variety and anything else that lays brown eggs and is colorful!!
Suggestions there?? I may need to put in that order too... LOL, her bator is already full and running!!
big_smile.png

I also remember those days...and my youngest is 26!
gig.gif

As for ducks....muscovies. They don't quack, only make a "whispering whistle". And they are very companionable. They are also amazingly prolific. When I had them, One girl of mine sat four times the last summer and her clutches ranged from 20-30 eggs. She lost one of that lot of 30...to smothering. 100% hatch rate.

We had one when I was a kid, a drake, who would ride on my shoulder. I have a soft spot for muscovies. If we had a pond I would still have them. I always used to pen a mom and ducklings into the garden, with a shelter, feed and wading pool in there, so they could keep the bugs down. They don't do much damage, unless the garden is very dense. Just walking through it damage, not eating stuff damage. And the babies love mosquito larvae!

I also remember those days...and my youngest is 26!
gig.gif

As for ducks....muscovies. They don't quack, only make a "whispering whistle". And they are very companionable. They are also amazingly prolific. When I had them, One girl of mine sat four times the last summer and her clutches ranged from 20-30 eggs. She lost one of that lot of 30...to smothering. 100% hatch rate.

We had one when I was a kid, a drake, who would ride on my shoulder. I have a soft spot for muscovies. If we had a pond I would still have them. I always used to pen a mom and ducklings into the garden, with a shelter, feed and wading pool in there, so they could keep the bugs down. They don't do much damage, unless the garden is very dense. Just walking through it damage, not eating stuff damage. And the babies love mosquito larvae!
I second muscovies I have 10 with 7 on the way [from eggs] and they are the sweetest.

ok, normally i am not one to really complain or cause trouble, but this situation has gotten out of control.

there is a girl on facebook from denton nc, who is buying other people's chicks and selling them as her own with major mark ups. the part that really irritates me, is that she is claiming to have NPIP chicks because the people she has bought the chicks from are NPIP (I am friends with 2 of the people she contacted for chicks) but she her self is not NPIP. i feel like this is not only unfair to her customers, but to the people she originally bought the chicks from. do i just sit on my hands and look the other way, or is there a way to make people realize that she is a fraud?

I faced her on this subject about wanting free chickens and chicks then selling on CL, FB and auctions. She said to me all she was doing is selling her own and the roo's she was selling were aggressive. I told her she should not sell aggressive roosters to anyone but cull them. Her reply was she would not cull any bird. Buyer beware! She was going to take a free bird from my neighbor, then asked her to deliver it as her car was not working. How can she then go to Richfield auction on a Sat night in a "broken" car?

Back
Top Bottom