North Carolina

Great news! I heard one of the hens fussing this morning in the coop so I went down and placed her into one of the nest boxes. She immediately came out but then to my amazement went back in and sat. She stayed for awhile and then got up. No egg (other than the fake one). She goes back in and the other four girls come and watched intently to see what was going on. She comes back out and we have another egg! Finally she's not laying on the floor and hopefully she's training the other girls.

BTW my nest boxes are 12" wide, 14" deep and 16" high each to allow for bedding.

I hope that all of you have a great weekend! The weather is wonderful on Lake Norman today!

Great news! I heard one of the hens fussing this morning in the coop so I went down and placed her into one of the nest boxes. She immediately came out but then to my amazement went back in and sat. She stayed for awhile and then got up. No egg (other than the fake one). She goes back in and the other four girls come and watched intently to see what was going on. She comes back out and we have another egg! Finally she's not laying on the floor and hopefully she's training the other girls.

BTW my nest boxes are 12" wide, 14" deep and 16" high each to allow for bedding.

I hope that all of you have a great weekend! The weather is wonderful on Lake Norman today!

celebrate.gif
Congrats!!

Folks,

I need to find homes for my boys.

I have a beautiful Blue Copper Marans, English line (clean legs) born May 06. If I can't find a home for him soon, he will have to go to you know what... I'm in Chatham county but am willing to drive to get him to a good home.

6apy5yvu.jpg

utevubu7.jpg

Same for this beautiful Splash Ameraucana cockerel, also born on May 06:

azupubyp.jpg

6ama8apu.jpg

Contact me at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Good morning folks.............looks like BYC still is not offering the colors and smilies options to me for posting but thats ok........I can still post..........We had a good day at the flock swap and even managed to sell a bird or so.........hope your weekend is going good.

Guys, will you please cross your crossables and send happy hatching thoughts my way? I have a badly cracked egg in the bator that got cracked on day 18 and is now on lockdown. I have removed all my other eggs to a broody for safetys sake. This is my special girl Cadbury's egg and I will feel absolutely horrid if her baby doesnt make it because the dog tripped me. Thank you guys, I know if anyone will understand its y'all. You are the nicest of all the threads I am part of
smile.png

Good morning everyone, I am LOVING this cold morning...it finally feels like fall. :D

Emarketwiz - I am loving that coop!!!!!! And congratulations on the egg!! ;)

GoChick - If I had the room, I would take those beautiful boys in a second, they look so sweet. I hope you find a good home for them soon so they don't have to go...well you know. :(

Rookie - Happy hatching thoughts, prayers, even fingers and toes are crossed!!! Keep us posted!! ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone! :D

Rookie we're praying for your egg! NC Grammie thanks for the encouragement. GoChick those are some fine looking boys and I hope that you find a good home for them.

Cloudy and chilly on the lake today but the good news is we got two eggs today (both in next boxes). Another day in chicken paradise!

Hello Everyone!

Went up to Montpelier, Virginia yesterday for a fiber festival and came home exhausted. Five hours each way from my house, so it was a Very Long Day. Still, we had fun and that's what we went for.

I second RF's suggestion of hay in the nest boxes. Mine always liked to rearrange the hay, plus having the same material on the floor of the coop and in the nest boxes doesn't give them any indication of where is better to lay.

Rookie...all my crossables are crossed for your egg. I'm betting that if the membrane didn't break, it'll make it okay, with it being so close!

Back
Top Bottom