North Idaho and Eastern Washington Poultry Swap

I'm so excited!!!!!!!! Finally got a place for our Poultry Swap in June. We will be doing it on Maine St. in Spirit Lake. YAY!!!!!!! We'll be including a farmers market of sorts, so if you want to do any crafts or bring fruits or vegies, just let me know. Here are the details.

What: Meet/Greet/Swap/Sell/Potluck- this may change to a local food vendor who has a great sandwich/catering business in S.L.

When: Saturday, June 25, 10:00 a.m. - 7

Where: Maine St. Spirit Lake, ID

What can you bring to swap or sell? Chickens, hatching eggs, other poultry, supplies, crafts…
For those bringing poultry, please make sure to bring a tarp for caged birds, or bring a folding table (no contact with the ground). We want to keep the ground clean and keep the birds from picking up anything off the ground to carry home. All birds should be checked several weeks ahead of time for evidence of mites/lice, and treated appropriately. (Our intention is not to offend…we just want this to be as clean as possible for all involved.) If you plan to swap/buy, bring extra boxes or crates. (we’ll try to bring a few extra boxes.). Also, we recommend that you bring a bottle of hand sanitizer for use between handling birds – again, just a safety precaution. Also if you have a tent cover, it would be advantageous if it gets hot.
If you would like to ell some crafts, that's fine, just need to know what so that I can list on the emails and keep all updated.

Please list what you will be bringing to sell or swap so that I can update the list.

I will supply name tags; please check with me upon arrival.

Potluck: I’ll bring a large folding table for potluck items. I'll make sure to supply the grill so we can have hot food as well and I’ll bring hot dogs and buns. I'll create categories so we don't have too much of one food group.

If you don't have anything to actually swap or sell, thats okay, it would still be fun to have people come and participate.

One thing I do ask, is that you leave all four legged critters at home. Especially with not knowing a specific swap site right this moment, it will be easier to keep the drama down.

I am going to organize a raffle, please bring an item under $20 if you would like to participate.

Call Melissa at 208-659-7594 or email [email protected]

Last edited:
THIS IS FYI I am going to post this here in response to someone else telling me this. I will leave up to any WA resident that brings chickens to Idaho to sell, the responsibility of following these guidelines. THIS IS FYI

Below is a summary of the requirements for avian species coming into the state of Idaho.
Following only the information on this page will not guarantee that you are in compliance with Idaho's import requirements.
The various types of avian species are defined in IDAPA 02.04.21, Rules Governing the Importation of Animals. Please peruse this rule for additional information on importation, and don't hesitate to call with any questions.

All birds imported into Idaho need a current Certificate of Veterinary Inspection.

All psittacine birds that are moving to Idaho for the purpose of commercial sale require an entry permit.

All poultry, ratites, and waterfowl must either originate from a certified NPIP flock and have a valid VS form 9-3 accompany them, or have negative tests for Salmonella pullorumtyphoid, Salmonella enteritidis, Mycoplasma synoviae, and Mycoplasma gallisepticum within the past 30 days.

All poultry, ratite, and waterfowl hatching eggs must either originate from a certified NPIP flock and have a valid VS form 9-3 accompany them, or come from birds that have had negative tests for Salmonella pullorumtyphoid, Salmonella enteritidis, Mycoplasma synoviae, and Mycoplasma gallisepticum within the past 30 days. The parent test results must be recorded on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection.

I'm coming! And I'll bring my sister! I will bring any and all BLRW chicks I have for sale! I'm over loaded with them since I got my new GQFs. Ahhh I've got the little buggers coming out my ears! They are soooo cute though
smile.png

I'm not sure what dani, my sister will bring but she's a great artist. My chicks are healthy and I check my birds daily for mites...
smile.png

Hey if you make up some flyers I could meet you at the Athol gas Station and I'll put them up for you in Sandpoint. At The co op and I could hang them up at the post offices. My dad runs a buisness in Sandpoint as well!
smile.png
this is gonna be so fun!

I talked to my sister and she'll bring some chicken watercolor paintings and maybe some chicks and chickens. Also I will invite my inlaws as we just got them into chickens.

Last edited:
Well, its really starting to shape up. But currently looking for more chicken and other farmers. Please, pass the word around.
lol.png

I am trying to decide whether or not to do t-shirts for the event. I need to know if anyone would want to buy one, how much you would pay and what colors you'd like the shirts to be.

Got the design done for the shirts. They will be either 7 or 8 dollars each. They will be green, but a color that works for men, women and kids. I will pre-order specific sizes. Any extras will be sold at the event. Here is the picture of the design and the text will be
BYC IS FOR THE BIRDS
it will be in an arch on the top and under the chicken will be SL Idaho 2011
thought it would be really fun.
89236_chicken.jpg

ya'll tell me what you think and what size you want. i am emailing nifty to get permission for the BYC part.

Back
Top Bottom