North Idaho and Eastern Washington Poultry Swap

BarnChick

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Spirit Lake
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I am announcing a meet and swap!

When: June 25, 10-7

Where: Maine St. Spirit Lake, ID

Why: Because I want to meet people who are as crazy about poultry as me!

To Bring: Anything poultry related that you want to sell, swap or show off. I will have lots of area as well for people to set up booths with crafty goods or anything else. Please just check with me first so I know what you are planning to bring to sell.
Also to bring: Tarps for under your cages, tables, chairs to set up with. A tent is sometimes a good idea in case it becomes too warm. Everyone will also need to bring a potluck dish and possibly a small raffle item.

I will be opening this up to public as well, so bring extra birds to sell. I will be posting ads on Craigslist and in the local papers and businesses.

The event will begin with setup between 830 and 10 am. At this point, I am fairly certain that we will be in the Park on the main street through town. There is a play area for kids if you will be bringing them. I ask, though, that you leave all dogs at home because it is a park and there will be other people besides us poultry people.
We will end whenever, there is going to be a concert starting at 5pm and going until I believe 9pm. That will be a nice end to the evening.

I will be organizing some games for kiddos also.

If you can think of anything I missed, let me know. PM or reply here with your info and I will get you signed up.

Thanks
BarnChick-Melissa

Last edited:
Yay! Another Washingtonian! I'm from Cle Elum. I wish you good luck with your meet and swap! Unfortunately I can't attend but it sounds like fun!
lol.png

I sure hope its fun. I am having lots of problems getting a site right now. I am hopeful that I will have a venue very soon. Keep watching.

So I think that we will now be having the Poultry swap at my house. I live just outside of Spirit Lake, ID to the north. I would love to have a head count as to who wants to attend. It will still be held on June 25. Starting at 10 am and going till early evening. Thanks

I will hesitantly say I can attend, and I will drag my husband along as well. I could try to find my old styrofoam (forced air) incubator and donate it as a raffle item. It has been well used, so it is a little rough around the edges, but it still works great. I also have an egg turner for it, but if I remember right it wasn't working very well the last time I used it.
I will have Serama chicks and juveniles, cuckoo marans, and various young purebred pullets/cockerels available. I will post a complete list when it gets a little closer to the date.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. If you PM all the info to me, I will post on our local CL too. We are only about a 3 hr drive away. Yay Chickenstock!!
ya.gif

I've sent a pm to you. I hope it will be a success. I am trying to find a more community oriented location, but am having some red tape difficulties. May just host at my home, because we have lots of room. I'll make sure anyone who signs up to come has address and directions.
Thanks

I'll give you a bump up?
lol.png

Man, I'm really debating whether or not to come. I don't have any chickens I'd like to give away (i'm a newbie starting with week-old chicks).

So I will keep an eye on this forum and see who is attending. Maybe I will come just to meet other chicken owners and see if there's anything that could possibly help us on our new chicken adventure.

Keeping an eye out!
hugs.gif

I live in the Tri-cities but probably won't be able to make it. If you're ever looking for pure bred chicks I know people all over the state that are successful exhibitors. We are lucky in that we have some very good birds here in WA.

Quote:
even if you don't have any chickens to swap or sell, it would be a great learning experience for you. Everyone is welcome to come. You make even find some new babies to take home with you
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom