North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Changed my user name since we are chicken less now:( was newtochicklets.
We bought some chickies who had a contagious respiratory disease and after losing multiple and doing alot of research it seemed the only option was to cull all. So it was a sad day. A couple weeks ago. But from my research after all birds are off the property it can only survive a few hours out of the body. It was mycoplasma gallisepticum (spelling?) but best to give it a week or two to be safe. We werent planning on breeding or anything. But we hated seeing the girls get sick and fade away so quickly. Plus we have friends with chickens. I couldnt worry about passing it on.
So all were culled, and bleached everything and this week will be burning all shavings and hay that is out there.
I placed an order for ducklings .which we have tried before but they bothered the chickens so much. But we really loved having the ducks .
So i am kinda looking forward to a fresh start after getting over the loss of all the girls.
I ordered 10 female runner ducklings from metzer . Should be here wednesday. And then i bought 3 khaki campbell ducklings from tsc friday.
Looking forward to them arriving. Hoping all arrive safe and sound.
Here are the khaki ducklings

We bought some chickies who had a contagious respiratory disease and after losing multiple and doing alot of research it seemed the only option was to cull all. So it was a sad day. A couple weeks ago. But from my research after all birds are off the property it can only survive a few hours out of the body. It was mycoplasma gallisepticum (spelling?) but best to give it a week or two to be safe. We werent planning on breeding or anything. But we hated seeing the girls get sick and fade away so quickly. Plus we have friends with chickens. I couldnt worry about passing it on.
So all were culled, and bleached everything and this week will be burning all shavings and hay that is out there.
I placed an order for ducklings .which we have tried before but they bothered the chickens so much. But we really loved having the ducks .
So i am kinda looking forward to a fresh start after getting over the loss of all the girls.
I ordered 10 female runner ducklings from metzer . Should be here wednesday. And then i bought 3 khaki campbell ducklings from tsc friday.

So sorry about your chickens. How heartbreaking
1f622.png
Have fun with the ducks and post pics when the runners get here.

So sorry to hear that about your flock of chickens.
Too bad I didn't know you wanted runners, I have eggs in the bator now for Fawn and White.

So sorry to hear that about your flock of chickens.
 Too bad I didn't know you wanted runners, I have eggs in the bator now for Fawn and White. 

Oh man really?! I guess i should have asked around first.
How is your turkey hatching going? Im not sure if we will be getting any turkeys now that we are chicken less. I will see what my husband says.
We had such a rough past month i think we may just stick to the ducks this year. And see how it goes.
I cant wait to see pictures of your runner ducklings!

@UGLYFOOT Hi, can you post a pic of the duck and drake that you got your eggs from? I am very interested in some of your f/w ducklings. what is your price per duckling?
thank you

Back
Top Bottom