North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us! I'm in the Oregon-Washington Area, too!

Im glad you started this thread! Im in Spirit Lake but I have always considers Hauser Lake home. I like finding people from the area on here, always good to have people around that love their chickens as much as I do :)

thumbsup.gif
Great idea! I am fairly new to whole backyard chicken thing (just got my first 5 birds in April) and have been lurking on the WA thread ever since, trying to soak up some the of the knowledge and experience that is constantly being shared by the wonderful people there. I know there are many more of us chicken nuts on this side of the Cascades and I hope they will find their way here as well.

Last edited:
Welcome everyone! So glad you came by! It's been a busy weekend so it's taken me a bit to drop in. Mowed the entire place today, about 3/4 of an acre, and brightened things up with a few flowers. Poor chickens got nothing but me dropping in with a bag of yard clippings and an egg check. Snow, my white Ameraucana, she's my avatar, was cracking us up because she sang the egg song long and loud today, and did her usual drop of the egg in the doorway to the coop. At least I've convinced her that the little wooden box on the ground is the spot, I don't think I'll ever get her in the nest!!

Last edited:
It was a busy weekend for me as well. I spent the day at our famlily cabin in Hauser and it was great to relax and hangout with my family from out of town. Sunday my BF and I spent most of the day fixing up the fence and refinishing a gate, now it looks brand spankin' new. We had some friends come in from Oregon, it was nice to spend time with them before they head home. I would have to say the highlight of my weekend was when my Cocoa proved she was a hen and laid an egg.
wee.gif
For a while now my BF was convinced she is a rooster, it was quite nice to walk him over to the wood pile and show him how she was all nestled and ready to lay her little egg. I think she was trying to make sure he saw her over there since he's the main person that messes with the wood. She was trying to share a nest box with my older hen "Friday" later in the day but Friday was not about to let that happen, Cocoa is going to have to learn to wait or just take an empty box (which is only a 1/2in divider away lol)

Yay Cocoa! I'm adopting a policy of don't ask until you hear a crow or see an egg.... I've got a crossbeak EE that's I'm still not sure about...

Hey, if anyone is coming to Ione for Down River Days this weekend, stop by my shop and say Hi!

I will have BYC merchandise with a DRD discount as well as clearance stuff!

There will be a ton of stuff to do in town. Train rides, snowmobile races across the river, vendors in the park and in town, softball, street dance and more.

My store is at 410 Main St across from the post office.

Wha? You have a yarn shop! I'm probably going to be in Coleville for the Spin In, I'm a fiber artist! I do handdyed yarn and fiber and make batts :) How bad is the drive from Coleville to Ione?

Last edited:
Yay Cocoa! I'm adopting a policy of don't ask until you hear a crow or see an egg.... I've got a crossbeak EE that's I'm still not sure about...

I will let her know you are excited for us :) She adopted a 2 day old little silky when she was 3 weeks old and the two have been inseperable since. I have a "Project Chicken" from a lady on here and I am pretty undecided about her. She is bigger than her sister that came from the same hatch but she isnt acting like a Roo at all. Only time will tell and that is A-ok with me.

Back
Top Bottom