North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Can you telll which are girls and boys yet in you khaki campbells?
I only have 3 of them. But they are 4 1/2 weeks- and sounds and looks like i only got one girl. The other two much larger and seem to have hve gotten quieter and quieter. The girl is quacking already:)

Can't tell yet. If I go by the noises they made with their "bath" yesterday, I'd say we got 2 boys and 4 girls. We also have one that is developing a tuft on it's head.... The girls aren't "quacking" yet, but they are MUCH louder than the 2 I think are boys.

Can't tell yet. If I go by the noises they made with their "bath" yesterday, I'd say we got 2 boys and 4 girls. We also have one that is developing a tuft on it's head.... The girls aren't "quacking" yet, but they are MUCH louder than the 2 I think are boys.
Oh wow, you did pretty good on girls if thats the case! Awesome.

@Hawk12

Here is a picture of sweet Zoe. She went broody and would not quit so I gave her some eggs to sit on. She was then joined on the nest by two others. At one point they were on 19 eggs! I candled and threw out 5. They started hatching one by one since they were spread out about 17 days. I figured they would all just keep sitting. Then I decided to move them all to the brooder coop and one of the cages by this time there were 4 chicks. They kicked out two eggs. Two more hatched. Then one of the babies got its head stuck in the plastic that covers the front, so I took it and the smallest one into the house. They had freaked out an quit sitting on the eggs and they were cold. Lost the little one, so I put the other back with the momma's. Unfortunately I lost that one too. So now I have 4 little cuties that are thriving in there. I took the other girls out and put them back into the big pen. I have all sorts of babies now here and am hatching more. I have 11 other Serama with more of those to hatch too!

I think my original broody started a chain reaction....... I have 3 now, all my chocolate ams are sitting tight in a single 5 gallon bucket.....

deleted this post of ducklings since i sold the 3 of them. sold them to cyndi tho so will get to see them grow!

Hi, i took some pics of the trio... 2 f/w and 1 pekin
March 31st

April 2nd

April 10th

April 14th. Friday

April 16th. Sunday

April 19th Wed

they are so cute. I hope the tall/biggest fawn & white is a drake.
thank you again for these cuties

Hi, i took some pics of the trio... 2 f/w and 1 pekin
March 31st

April 2nd

April 10th

April 14th. Friday

April 16th. Sunday

April 19th Wed

they are so cute. I hope the tall/biggest fawn & white is a drake.
thank you again for these cuties

Aww look how cute they are! They have grown so much! I hope you get your drake too!!
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Can you telll which are girls and boys yet in you khaki campbells?

I only have 3 of them. But they are 4 1/2 weeks- and sounds and looks like i only got one girl. The other two much larger and seem to have hve gotten quieter and quieter. The girl is quacking already:)

@firedragon1982
M, what ducks did you buy or hatch?
are you going to any rabbit shows in t/near future?
there is a show in Moscow on the 29th, i may go and take my red rex doe too.

Last edited:
@firedragon1982
M, what ducks did you buy or hatch?
are you going to any rabbit shows in t/near future?
there is a show in Moscow on the 29th, i may go and take my red rex doe too.

I've been offline for a while lol

I got some khaki campbell ducks. They are all outside as of 2 weeks ago. The turkeys we got at the same time are so funny, they like to run laps around the ducks as fast as they can, but if they get separated from the ducks be prepared for the weirdest calls i've ever heard! I didn't realize there was a show on the 29th, I havent sent in any entry forms, and my normal showers have had some litters lol. Was planning on the Ritzville show 5/20.

[@=/u/327587/firedragon1982]@firedragon1982[/@] M, what ducks did you buy or hatch? are you going to any rabbit shows in t/near future? there is a show in Moscow on the 29th, i may go and take my red rex doe too.
I've been offline for a while lol I got some khaki campbell ducks. They are all outside as of 2 weeks ago. The turkeys we got at the same time are so funny, they like to run laps around the ducks as fast as they can, but if they get separated from the ducks be prepared for the weirdest calls i've ever heard! I didn't realize there was a show on the 29th, I havent sent in any entry forms, and my normal showers have had some litters lol. Was planning on the Ritzville show 5/20.
turkeys are fun to watch. we had a wild one (last summer) hang out at our house, i took it in and cared for it but it ended up dying, it was sad. are you selling any rex kits? what colors do you have?

Back
Top Bottom