North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Is anybody from Walla Walla out there? It seems that the local animal control lady is running an anti-chicken campaign. According to my neighbors they were told that if there is a complaint about anybody's chickens in the neighborhood the entire neighborhood must get rid of their chickens. I think this is total BS. And I would like to hear from other wall the wall of people and find out what their experience has been. It's like making everybody get rid of their dog because the dog down the street but somebody.

turkeys are fun to watch. we had a wild one (last summer) hang out at our house, i took it in and cared for it but it ended up dying, it was sad.

are you selling any rex kits? what colors do you have?

We do sell the kits, currently we have the month olds: 3 castors, 1 broken castor and a broken red (we're keeping). And the new litters are just starting to get their fur. We have loads of broken kits (either 6 chocolate or castor can't tell yet, 1 opal, 2 lynx maybe) and 3 solids (2 castor, 1 poss lynx). So hard until they shed out to their adult coats to tell their final coloring...

turkeys are fun to watch. we had a wild one (last summer) hang out at our house, i took it in and cared for it but it ended up dying, it was sad.

are you selling any rex kits? what colors do you have?

We do sell the kits, currently we have the month olds: 3 castors, 1 broken castor and a broken red (we're keeping). And the new litters are just starting to get their fur. We have loads of broken kits (either 6 chocolate or castor can't tell yet, 1 opal, 2 lynx maybe) and 3 solids (2 castor, 1 poss lynx). So hard until they shed out to their adult coats to tell their final coloring...

I have a Red Rex Doe that i would like a Buck for, some day.
can you tell me what pedigree (specificly colors) your rex are? I can show you my rex pedigree fyi.
thanks

For best color results red should only be bred to another red. I have read you might be able to breed to a lynx, but may not be best for color. The broken red we got is a girl, so can't even offer her lol. I do have my lynx buck, did a trial breeding to my opal girl to see if he is genetically a lynx or just a lilac tinted fawn... His mom is castor, so has the Agouti gene, but not sure. When the lynx/broken lynx start to shed to their adult coats should be able to tell...

Awesome critters guys! Would anyone k kw where I can find polish hens? Not looking for ones at North 40, I'located in troy

I'm always on the lookout for more opals. Is it a buck or a doe?

I'm always on the lookout for more opals. Is it a buck or a doe?

They're only about 10 days old. I've gotten pretty good at "estimating" if it's a boy or girl by if they have a skin fold around their bits this little. But still not a guarantee lol. I'll check this evening.

Is anyone in the Moscow area looking to sell rehome or gift hens? I know i can go to North 40 but im not interested for personal reasons. I have a 40 acre farm and lots of friends for them to bond with.

Mainly on the lookout for polish of any kind hens

Naked neck (turkin) male. Of any color

the red white and blue wyandottes or wyandottes of any kind.

I've tried asking all around and i get no replies. Is it because I'm new or just closed circulas in in

They're only about 10 days old. I've gotten pretty good at "estimating" if it's a boy or girl by if they have a skin fold around their bits this little. But still not a guarantee lol. I'll check this evening.

Sounds great. No rush at 10 days lol I would likely be interested either way if it's for sure an opal.

Is anyone in the Moscow area looking to sell rehome or gift hens? I know i can go to North 40 but im not interested for personal reasons. I have a 40 acre farm and lots of friends for them to bond with.

Mainly on the lookout for polish of any kind hens

Naked neck (turkin) male. Of any color

the red white and blue wyandottes or wyandottes of any kind.

I've tried asking all around and i get no replies. Is it because I'm new or just closed circulas in in

There aren't that many who are very far south of CDA here. I sold off the last of my extra hens about a month ago, so I'm no help there. If you have Facebook,you might try Spokane Chicken Co-op. There are usually at least a few hens available there.

Back
Top Bottom