North to Alaska!

Pics
Hi all! I live in Talkeetna and am looking for hatching eggs. We already have chickens but we're looking to expand. I am looking for chocolate egg layers, BCM, Welsummer etc, and green/blue egg layers like aracaunas or EE's. We just had an absolutely horrid experience with shipped eggs so I'm trying local! Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi all! I live in Talkeetna and am looking for hatching eggs. We already have chickens but we're looking to expand. I am looking for chocolate egg layers, BCM, Welsummer etc, and green/blue egg layers like aracaunas or EE's. We just had an absolutely horrid experience with shipped eggs so I'm trying local! Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
I could send you some from fairbanks.. i have all that you are looking for. i send eggs to a lady in valdez . She send me some. Much better hatch rate in the astate then having them shipped up from far away. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ala...ment_id=300589873422225&notif_t=group_comment My group page on facebook. Join and follow along if you whish. not many folks in your area on this BYC site that have what you are looking for. i have all 3.Well the welsummers are bantams, I have these

I could send you some from fairbanks.. i have all that you are looking for. i send eggs to a lady in valdez . She send me some. Much better hatch rate in the astate then having them shipped up from far away. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ala...ment_id=300589873422225&notif_t=group_comment My group page on facebook. Join and follow along if you whish. not many folks in your area on this BYC site that have what you are looking for. i have all 3.Well the welsummers are bantams, I have these

I sent a request to join! What kind of birds do you have? It's kind of hard to tell if the tinted eggs are blue or green in the pic. I also have a friend in Fairbanks that will be driving south to Anchorage mid March to fly out of state, if it would be better for the eggs maybe I could have her pick them up for me. When will you have them available?

OK......

Some pages back we were talking about good ways to cover a run.

This summer I decided to put up concrete reinforcing wire as my run covering, since it is very stiff so needs little support and will NOT bend under a snow load.

OK.......

A Great Horned Owl smashed itself through the holes and bit the heads off of two of my bantams. I watched it go back out. It was amazing since he had to really smash himself to get through the hole.

Anyway. We will now be putting a layer of chicken wire over the concrete wire.

sorry to hear that. It makes me think a little harder about what im going to do with my run. :(

Yeah, I never would have guessed that he would fit.

He had to push through with great force to make it.

The concrete wire has held up beautifully to the snow load, and needs very little support. So, I think with a layer of chicken wire it will hopefully be truly predator proof, and still the easiest and cheapest way to go.

Back
Top Bottom