North to Alaska!

Pics
I just ate my last goose,
droolin.gif

sorry I can't help.

Congrats!

My white leghorns lay very close to every single day. With five hens, I almost always get five eggs, rarely four, but NEVER less than four. Most productive breed I have ever owned!

I have never had black stars, but it will be fun to have two of each.

I had Cackle hatchery send me up 4 Black Sex-Links,5 RIR's,7 Brown Leghorns and a pair of Rouen ducks. All made it successfully up here with all that bad weather the lower 48 is having

I had Cackle hatchery send me up 4 Black Sex-Links,5 RIR's,7 Brown Leghorns and a pair of Rouen ducks. All made it successfully up here with all that bad weather the lower 48 is having
That is good to hear, I am getting an order from them this spring. How is everyone else managing chicks? I can't imagine having them so early in the year.

I'm getting 18 from Meyers on Tuesday or Wednesday. They brood inside for a bit then to the garage. By May they are ready to go outside. Seems to work fine here in the valley.

I'm getting 18 from Meyers on Tuesday or Wednesday. They brood inside for a bit then to the garage. By May they are ready to go outside. Seems to work fine here in the valley.

Mine have to go from my house to the great outdoors.

My coop is insulated, so that can stretch the season a bit, but that means I have to kick the grown-ups out of it. My other chicken raising areas are just not warm enough for chicks.

It was too cold today to work on the henhouse/coop so I decided to build a tractor coop. Will add some partial covering so the girls can get out of the sun/rain if they want to.

Back
Top Bottom