Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

So what breeds are everyone bringing to show??

I plan on showing the following:

Silkies all different ages and colors
Black and Blue Bantam Cochins
Blue Marans (maybe)
Orpingtons (maybe)

I love to bring some of my large fowl but, the thought of having to bath them and keep them in the house is scary
hmm.png
So, I feel like I will most likely only show bantams to keep my life simple for bathing and blow drying.

Just curios
big_smile.png
I only live 1 hour away but, I plan on staying over Saturday night just incase the weather gets nasty. I figured it would take some stress out of the mix instead of driving back and fourth and back and fourth again again.... lol

Glad you are coming!!! I think that if you are comfortable with bathing and cleaning up your birds and have them tested I would enter one bird just to get the feel for it. I promise it is a great experience and you will learn alot from fellow BYC'rs and Chicken peeps
smile.png

Quote:

Quote:
Start now writing down all of the questions you have - and then ASK THEM! Don't waste this opportunity. I always say, I don't go to shows for the ribbons, I go for the lessons! I learned to get over the shyness of talking to strangers real fast, and I've never regretted it! There are so many wonderful, knowledgeable people at these shows. I latch onto them with a ton of questions. Have fun, and take pictures of the winners, so you can look back and compare. See you there!

Beth G. :

I love to bring some of my large fowl but, the thought of having to bath them and keep them in the house is scary
hmm.png
So, I feel like I will most likely only show bantams to keep my life simple for bathing and blow drying.

Well, I'm going to make life difficult for myself by bringing LF. Up for consideration - because some are finishing their molt- are 2 cochins, a faverolle, a jersey giant, a speckled sussex, and 2 HUGE lt brahma pullets. I also have some bantam faverolles to reward myself with at the end of all this bathing.

Why? Because I'm INSANE! Insane, I tell you!
he.gif

I don't know how I'm going to fit them all in the cab of my truck, because you just know it's going to be raining or snowing on the road, so I can't have them in the bed.
barnie.gif

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the show!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I am bringing...................SILKIES!!! Just showing though. No selling for me. They are all too pretty right now and I can't part with them yet.
lol.png

Beth G. :

Silkies all different ages and colors
Black and Blue Bantam Cochins
Blue Marans (maybe)
Orpingtons (maybe)

hmm.png

Just curios
big_smile.png
I only live 1 hour away but, I plan on staying over Saturday night just incase the weather gets nasty. I figured it would take some stress out of the mix instead of driving back and fourth and back and fourth again again.... lol​

I don't want to hear anyone crying. I put 22 birds, a parrot, and a DH in my VW Golf this summer.
And MOST were LF! Luckily for the birds, it was only a 1hr. trip.

I should have taken a picture. I love that car. Everything fits. Sometimes, people stand in the parking lot and watch me load it, just to see if it can be done.
I highly recommend one to anyone looking for a smaller car. It's the TDI, turbo diesel, hard to find used.
I take it everywhere, that car has inspired me to take these chicken trips because of the fantastic mileage. 40mpg round town, 50mpg hwy.
And to all of you naysayers, the silkies and bantams were double stacked in the medium sized crates, there was no harming of animals at any time.
They were very comfy!

Back
Top Bottom