Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

Yes, 12 birds = CRAZY!!!
lol.png
I'm going to make my decision today and mail it out tomorrow. I've been waiting because I really don't know who I want to take.

Beth G. :

Alrighty!!! I am officially signed up. It was a hard decision but, I picked out 12 birds to show. I know I must be nutz to pick that many but, I really need some feedback from judges and fellow breeders on my stock for next years hatching
jumpy.gif

I will be showing Silkies in; Partridge bearded 3, White bearded 3, Black Non Bearded 1, & Black Bearded 1. Then I chose 4 Bantam Cochins 2 blk and 2 blue.
wee.gif
wee.gif
now I can't wait till the time comes!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Yes, I am not planning on shoing this year because I know the paperwork from this State takes forever even once they come out and test.

AI - is Avian Influensa, right?

Our State of CT Dept of AG has two full time staff people. They schedule you an appt which depending on the time of the year could take 1 week to 2 months. Once they come out and do the test it goes to Uconn Lab here in CT. Results are usually emailed within one week.

Other states allow ppl to take classes and become licensed for S/P but, it's a whole other ballgame with AI and MG.
Quote:

hide.gif

I think I'm going to have to take that Friday off to spend the whole day with them getting ready for saturday
sad.png
But, I need to get an idea for next years breeding and see who is better than who kinda thingy
wink.png

So did you decide yet????
Quote:

Nope. I'm wondering if I should just put down the questionables and just not take them if I don't like how they look a month from now. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Beth G. :

hide.gif

I think I'm going to have to take that Friday off to spend the whole day with them getting ready for saturday
sad.png
But, I need to get an idea for next years breeding and see who is better than who kinda thingy
wink.png

So did you decide yet????
Quote:

Yeah I would and if they don't your only out the cage fee which isn't that much. I put down extras too and I'm not sure one of my pullets will be ready so I may not be taking all 12 but do plan on it
wink.png

Quote:

I'm thinking of putting Priscilla in the show coop to see if I can get her in a little better condition than she currently is but, I don't know if she'll be a big meanie to the others since she is older and things she is the queen. I could put her in a cage, but I would hate to do that to her.
sad.png

Beth G. :

Yeah I would and if they don't your only out the cage fee which isn't that much. I put down extras too and I'm not sure one of my pullets will be ready so I may not be taking all 12 but do plan on it
wink.png

Quote:

Yeah but, if he starts a rippin out crest hairs then what?
ep.gif
I tried that in the spring with one of my older gals and she started fighting with all the other girls in the pen yanking out crest feathers, I freaked and said OK your out!!
duc.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom