Northern Ireland newbie

doaghcoop

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
Co.antrim

Hi everyone , I'm brand new in here :) I'm from Northern Ireland and have got 4 hens , I got them when they were very young only 8 weeks and they are now at point of lay . The girls seem moody , is this normal when they are going to lay any day soon ? Thanks

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Hens sometimes undergo a bit of a personailty change when they come into lay. I can't see much on the pic you posted, but those bright red combs are a sign of good things coming.

Thanks for your reply . Yes my biggest girl Annie is very moody today . I have a hen that I've no idea what breed it is also , she's a very placid hen and loves attention . Maybe someone could help me figure out what type o breed she is . This forum is fantastic I'm learning so much from just one morning on tips etc

She's beautiful! Your best bet would be to post some pics of her in the What Breed Or Gender is This? section and see what the breeds experts say. I agree, I learned lots since I joined this forum and I'm still learning new things all the time.

I put the link in for you above (in blue), click on that and it will take you directly to the section. Then start a new thread like you did here.

Back
Top Bottom