Nose bleed

TaylorV

Chirping
Dec 31, 2018
So I’m new to having chickens but I have ducks and none of them have ever had bloody noses, but some of my hens have bloody noses and I was just wondering why and if there was something to do about it.

So I’m new to having chickens but I have ducks and none of them have ever had bloody noses, but some of my hens have bloody noses and I was just wondering why and if there was something to do about it.
Welcome to BYC!

I have never had a chicken with a bloody nose. Can you post a picture of this? I'm wondering if it might be their combs that are bleeding, or if there might be a more serious issue here.

Hi @TaylorV :frow Welcome To BYC

Can you post some photos of your chickens, their poop, bloody noses and where you are housing them?
How old are they?
What type of food/treats do you feed?
Do they have any symptoms like coughing, sneezing, wheezing, facial swelling, mucous or watery/bubbly eyes?

With more information and photos, hopefully we can give you some suggestions.

I hope what you are referring to is the fleshy bit at the top of their beaks? It can get bloody from them pecking through wire, pecking each other or many other ways. If the blood is actually coming from their nostrils it's a whole different matter. Pics also please?

Back
Top Bottom