1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Again! Another Whopper TODAY!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by speckledhen, Oct 22, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Caroline, my Buff Brahma, just presented me with this egg, her first ever double yolker(candled and saw two yolk shadows). What is going on here today?! The bad thing is that I am collecting Caroline's eggs, and only hers, for someone this week and there's no way it will hatch. Hey, Karen! Do you want me to send you this one anyway, LOL?! I doubt it would fit in any turner unless you have a goose egg one.
    [​IMG]

2. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Wow, what a beauty! [​IMG]

Ellie

3. Sabrinainmiss

Sabrinainmiss Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    Gothenburg, Nebraska
    WOWZA!!! There must be something in the air where you live or are you feeding them a secret ingredient? Ha Ha. Beautiful EXTRA JUMBO eggs.[​IMG]

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Good Lord Cyn, that looks like a peacock egg!!!!!!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

WOW Cyn! What a beauty!! That poor gal must be worn out. LOL

6. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Cyn, mine started doing that, I got a bigger egg everyday for 6 days straight. All double yolkers. Here is the biggest one so far- 3 1/4 inches long and over 4 ounces. A whole new meaning to Quarter pounder!!!
    [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

It's so weird that today both Sunny and Caroline presented me with these. And then Sunny's having only one yolk, but three blastodiscs...weird egg day at my house!

8. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I got two like that today!!!

9. speckledhen

Must be floating in the East Coast air, LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by