Not an emergency, just a Question:)

It will keep spreading unless the other birds are vaccinated. You can put ointment on the lesions to help them heal faster, and putting electrolytes or apple cider vinegar in the water can help.

what happens if you vaccinate a chicken that already has fowl pox?

Personally, it doesnt look like fow pox very much to me, but, I could be wrong. . I would agree with Wyorp, and suggest leaving it unless it develops into something more noticeable. In which you can take the precautions above.

Personally, it doesnt look like fow pox very much to me, but, I could be wrong. . I would agree with Wyorp, and suggest leaving it unless it develops into something more noticeable. In which you can take the precautions above.

Do you know what else it could be, would you like to see close ups? :hmm

I believe it is fowl pox. Could you take pics of the new lesions?
hi i’m a little late, it’s midnight here in texas but some new ones came up again this morning, and the other ones are getting bigger, is there anything i can do to stop it from spreading on him? i’ll post pictures later today!

hi i’m a little late, it’s midnight here in texas but some new ones came up again this morning, and the other ones are getting bigger, is there anything i can do to stop it from spreading on him? i’ll post pictures later today!
Using ointments can help, in some situations. And ACV or electrolytes in the water. Other than that, there is no treatment.

Back
Top Bottom