Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock

It's hard to overdose on the B vitamins. If your bird wasn't eating or being moved around and alert, I would tell you to hold back a bit, but for now, give them to her. If this is a deficiency, it will only help.

I dont know im guessing raccoon or opossum got in coop. Killed three beheading them scalped and took the eye and beak from one left alive ( i had to put her down if you saw it you would get sick and i am a nurse) and this one this is what happened and left one alone. So i now have only two. Do i put her down is she in pain? What is the hard things sticking out is it beak, cartilage, bone, i dont know Im so sick to my stomach
I have contacted another member who's 1000 times smarter than I and better able to tell you what to do. Hopefully they will be able to respond to you. I can't tell you how sorry I am about this.

Last edited:
thanks, I will continue to give them to her. I know she might not make it but at this moment, I'm glad I didn't get her to the vet this morning to be put down. She is about the same as last night, the leg is still bad, but she's better than I found her this morning.

thanks, I will continue to give them to her. I know she might not make it but at this moment, I'm glad I didn't get her to the vet this morning to be put down. She is about the same as last night, the leg is still bad, but she's better than I found her this morning.
Like I said, if it is a deficiency, this could take time. In 5 days you should be seeing improvement not a cure. I hope I am wrong and it is the cure you are looking for! I love to be wrong in cases like that, lol! Keep up with the vitamins and please post back with anything and everything you see.

I will! I like talking to people who care and want to help. at this point, I'd only put her down if I thought she was in serious pain and I don't believe she is. Just probably wonders why she can't walk.

Quote: That's so terrible sad. I'm so sorry too.
hugs.gif

Haunted, it's not possible for anyone to be 1000 dummer than you.
big_smile.png
She may be the same smart as you, only in another direction.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
That's so terrible sad. I'm so sorry too.
hugs.gif

Haunted, it's not possible for anyone to be 1000 dummer than you.
big_smile.png
She may be the same smart as you, only in another direction.
hugs.gif
Seminole, I have never seen anything like this...ever! I have contacted Dawg53 and asked them to please take a look at this. That person is absolutely 1000 times smarter and savvy than I can ever hope to be.

I dont know im guessing raccoon or opossum got in coop. Killed three beheading them scalped and took the eye and beak from one left alive ( i had to put her down if you saw it you would get sick and i am a nurse) and this one this is what happened and left one alone. So i now have only two. Do i put her down is she in pain? What is the hard things sticking out is it beak, cartilage, bone, i dont know Im so sick to my stomach
I highly recommend that you cull her. She wont be able to eat nor drink without human assistance, much less the antibiotics that you'd have to pump into her. It's certainly a quality of life issue, dont let her suffer.

Back
Top Bottom