Not an Emergency Yet, ? about possibly ODing chicken on wormer Meds.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by stormylady, Jan 5, 2012.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Ok I used Safe-Guard wormer on my chickens today, I did it the same way I did it before just a pea sized dose for each one, I just dose it out on a little plastic knife and let them each eat it off the knife, but Blossom my smallest girl and one of the oldest (3yrs old) in the pen jumped up and stole someone elses dose before I could move it away from her. Will this hurt her?? And what should I watch for and what should I do if she starts acting sick?? Sorry just don't want to wait til she gets sick before finding out what to do. Thanks for your responses. Sandy

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    As long as she didn't constantly get too much, I think she will be okay. We'll see if anyone else has any ideas.

3. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Yea it was just the one extra dose she snagged.

4. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I guess she is going to be ok, shes not acting sick so...... I was really worried about her. I guess she is stronger than I thought. [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    It will take 10 times the amount to affect her adversely, dont worry about it.

6. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Thanks I'm a natural worrier, good to know though. Thankyou, Sandy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by