Not chicken related. But I need some help North Central MA area

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    My horse needs his teeth done. The vet that is coming out tomorrow can only do two horses at a time. There are over 10 horses at the barn that need to be floated.

Also, after what happened last year when I had a vet float my boys teeth. I would honestly prefer an actual equine dentist. No power floats.

Does anyone out there know a equine dentist that will come out to North Central MA? Up near NH? For that many horses? I dont know about the others but my boy doesnt even need to be sedated.
    I used Gary Saccocia Sr years ago when I had my mares and loved him. But am not sure if he will come this far north. Larry Cobb has been unreliable in the past. Ideas? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

2. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    No one?

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I know Vermont has a Veterinary Association, and I would assume Mass. does as well. Could you call them for recommendations?
    Sorry I can't be more helpful...those I do know of wouldn't travel that far either.

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Iknow a girl who just went to vet school, but she's out in Michigan...darn it.

5. ratlummountain

ratlummountain Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    barkhamsted, CT
    i would recommend dougie raucher, but he uses power tools if he thinks it's necessary. if the teeth aren't that bad he'll just maintain them with a regular old floating.

6. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by