not crappy pre fab kit

I was/am in the same boat. This past Saturday I modified the interior as a temporary fix for my problems. Are you able to make slight modifications to buy yourself some time/save you from the headache of finding another one?

I personally have no luck with craigslist, and local builders charge over $5,000.

The only prefab one that caught my eye as being of decent enough quality to survive Montana winters is the OverEZ brand.

The smallest houses 5 chickens and sells for $799. The dimensions are 34” x 45” and 4’6” high. It would fit through your fence and is supposedly easy to put together. There are add-ons for electricity, wheels, and runs, but that will cost you.

https://overezchickencoop.com/product/small-overez-chicken-coop/
That coop is way too small for 5 birds.

I started with a prefab one and it is currently used as a brooder in my living room. I then proceeded to build one due to the fact the prefab one is not very sturdy and smaller than it claims. It will make a nice silkie coop and run.

The only prefab one that caught my eye as being of decent enough quality to survive Montana winters is the OverEZ brand.

https://overezchickencoop.com/product/small-overez-chicken-coop/

Thats an attractive coop. I wonder how to attach a run.

What about TWO small no crappy pre fab coops? You could connect them, maybe.

I like the handyman suggestion, too. Heck, I'd help you if you lived in my vicinity.

I have yet to find one that's not crap that would fit through my gate.
I wish you lived near me too!

I started with a prefab one and it is currently used as a brooder in my living room. I then proceeded to build one due to the fact the prefab one is not very sturdy and smaller than it claims. It will make a nice silkie coop and run.

Yeah, thats what I am hoping to avoid.

See if you can find a shed kit that comes in panels? A lot of the ones at the big hardware places come panelized, then it’s more like assembling an IKEA desk than having to build from the ground up...
How about the local child labor population? Any Teenagers around that mow grass or the like and could be coerced into helping on the cheap? If you can get away with unskilled labor, it’s far more cost effective

Back
Top Bottom