NOT EATING?? Found Few Day Old Sparrow -PICS-

You could even put an incadescent bulb over it like 60watt or so if you have one attached to a desk lamp. I tried to raise a small bird I found. I bought some baby bird formula at petsmart I think You mix it with water and feet by syringe. You just have to be careful it only goes in the crop and they don't breathe it in. The bird I raised was doing well for a couple weeks but then it took a turn for the wrose and just up and died. I think it had to do with the food going in the wrong place. Altricial birds are so hard to raise.

You may to force feed it with a surringe. some birds will force a baby to eat fist by grabbing it by the mouth. It should beg for food after it has ate. Been observing my pigeons doing this with theirs right after they hatch. Do not use a needle. Just wet the cat food enough so you can get it in the surringe. Good luck. Iv fed many orphaned birds like that and none have survived. id still opt for the milk jug method and let nature take its course. may be too late now. Parents have probably moved on by now.

About ten minutes after my last post I lost him
hit.gif
He had labored breathing and I left the room for about 3 minutes and came back to him not breathing anymore. RIP little guy, maybe it was for the best.
hit.gif

i am so sorry! they are so fragile those first few days, sometimes they are injured in the fall from the nest, i had a vet tell me concerning rehabing animals- sometimes we are meant to be there to give them peace and love in their last days, like a hospice. We all learn from them, so don't feel you wasted your time!

Back
Top Bottom