Not eating the feed!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ubumartin, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ubumartin

ubumartin Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2009
    Raynham, Ma
    My chickens are refusing to eat their layer feed. They were molting so I thought they would eat more. For some reason they refuse to eat it. I bought new feed because I noticed the end of the last bag was a little moldy. I immediately bought a new bag but since then they are not eating it. This has been going on for about 2 weeks of me barely filling the feeder when I was filling every day.

I eventually mixed it with warm milk and they gobbled it right up. Could they just be spoiled or is there a reason why they won't eat it from the feeder? It appears fine, and when mixed they eat it right up. I am at a loss because I feel they are losing weight and I would think that they wouldn't refuse it if they were hungry. I did cut back on the treats and they still are not eating it from the feeder or plain when I throw it on the ground. HELP!!! Any suggestions would be helpful. They are 1 1/2 years old and it is all 3 of them.

2. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    Nancy no answer from me - I just posted a very similar question "Hunger Strike" I will watch your thread to see if you get any different answers.

carol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by