Not eating, yellow pop, worm?!

How do you cull?
You can use an ax to quickly chop her head off, or slice her neck/head off with a sharp knife.
Personally, I prefer to dig a deep hole and put the bird in the hole. Then use my .22 rifle to shoot the bird in the head with 2 bullets. Then cover the bird up with the dirt. Quick and painless.

You can use an ax to quickly chop her head off, or slice her neck/head off with a sharp knife.
Personally, I prefer to dig a deep hole and put the bird in the hole. Then use my .22 rifle to shoot the bird in the head with 2 bullets. Then cover the bird up with the dirt. Quick and painless.
Oh gosh I’m not sure I can cull her, I’m the worlds biggest sook. Also here in Australia - guns are not common!

Oh gosh I’m not sure I can cull her, I’m the worlds biggest sook. Also here in Australia - guns are not common!
I understand, you're in a tough situation. However, do you want her to continue to suffer?
I hate having to put down an animal, worse for dogs...but I dont want them to suffer neither. Grieving is part of it, I'm no exception.

If she's already that weak, and there are maggots crawling out of her, inside her is 10 times worse.

Do you have access to a CO2 or Nitrogen tank? Is she totally listless or still some kick in her? Argon works too. So would nitrous TBH. You basically put her in a bag and fill it with inert gas, or a trash can or something that you know you inerted. Drop her in, a minute later she's stopped moving and is unconscious, 3 minutes later (i usually wait a bit longer) she's peacefully passed.

Chop the head off, Shoot her, gas her, you basically need to kill her at this point to put her out of her misery. THIS is also part of raising animals. it sucks but they expect it from you. although it cost money you could also take her to a vet to put her down as well.

Do you have friends, a farm nearby? get one of them to do it for you?

Aaron

I just read your post, I am so sorry you went through that.

I assume by now it is done and she has passed.

I wanted to thank you on her behalf for the lovely life she had with you and apologize for the end of it.

If ever you are in that position again, drowning is a little less difficult that gasing. I am in Canada so I also have no 'ready' access to a gun. There are ways to pull the head backwards that will quickly end things as well.

Please recall all the happy moments in your garden, not the end. We are all of us mortal, death is not pretty for most of us. You want your loved ones to recall you well and happy when you have gone, she would want that too.

Bless you for taking such great care of her throughout her life, and being there with her on her darkest moments.

Back
Top Bottom