Not eating

Lindsay1976

In the Brooder
May 13, 2019
2 of my babies are completely off there food n drink. No symptoms just really tired. Been told to go vets... Been syringe feeding water. Any ideas guys xx

How old are they? How hot is is where you are located? Are the droppings runny with mucus or any blood? I would get some Corid liquid and put 2 teaspoonful in each gallon of water for 5-7 days, just in case of coccidiosis. If using the powder, put 1.5 tsp in a gallon of water. Any pictures of the chicks or the droppings?

How old are they? How hot is is where you are located? Are the droppings runny with mucus or any blood? I would get some Corid liquid and put 2 teaspoonful in each gallon of water for 5-7 days, just in case of coccidiosis. If using the powder, put 1.5 tsp in a gallon of water. Any pictures of the chicks or the droppings?
I don't have any photos as there in bed but weather is dry and not to hot or cold. My French maran had runny droppings this morning. Wat is corid and is there any sub I can use, I'm in Yorkshire England xx and thank you for the advice xx

Yes, amprollium or Harkers Coxoid is what you need in the UK for coccidiosis. Check with a vet and in stores that sell feed and livestock supplies. Here is an article to read:
https://poultrykeeper.com/poultry-medication/coxoid-coccidiosis/

upload_2019-9-11_17-2-19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom