Not egg or chicken but...it does involve egg **PIC ADDED**

We found fried pickles on the menu at our local country deli last time we were there, and ordered it just because it sounded so unusual.

WOW - Yummy!

Thanks for the recipe. Now i can make them myself.
clap.gif

Quote:
I'm in Wisconsin and it's nothing I've heard of or eaten. I'd be open to try it, though.

It's interesting, though, because I've noticed a lot of people like putting ranch dressing on fried things...I'd probably go for a sauce with a contrasting texture or flavor.

I think that might be a southern thing too, we put ranch dressing on everything. Especially fried things. I couldn't imagine using anything other than ranch for fried pickles though.

Sounds southern to me....never heard of them. I don't know if I could handle fried pickles...and with ranch dressing?? :eek: Fried ice cream, now that's more my style.
big_smile.png

Ooooooo, Im heading back to NC next week. I might have to stop by the State Fair, if it is still going on, and try to find some fried pickles. I dont eat pickles much anymore because of the sodium levels, but I still love my childhood favorite..... dill pickle and peanut butter sandwiches made with toasted bread.

Chel

Edited to add: Oh Rats!!! I just looked it up and the fair ends on Sunday.
sad.png

Glad you showed a pic........I was thinking Hmmm do you use pickle spears or what? The pic explains it all. Now I'm hungry, looks so yummy. I'd even eat that for breakfast right now. :|
I use ranch for everything fried too.
Sometimes a little honey mustard for chicken tenders.
I saw fried candybars and twinkies for the first time this year at our fair, so it must be spreading north. I didn't try it though-looked a little too sweet. I went for the bloomin onion with ranch ofcourse. I swear my stomach is from the south. The foods you talk about sound great.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom