Not feathering at 4+ weeks

Thought I’d share what I’m doing for my runty roo. I have 3 week old chicks, one with failure to thrive, lacked signs of feathering out.
I used the 20% chick starter and made a wet warm mash, added 1-2 drops of nutridrench and served him all he would eat (away from others) three times a day, plus access to dry crumble and water at will in brooder with flockmates. He started sprouting feathers on wings, then shoulders, and now has three tiny tail feathers now. He’s still small but has grown noticeably. Maybe that would help your lil one?

I have a chick who is at least 4 weeks old (unsure of exact age) that looks to be bald in spots and her feathers look a little different from the others in the flock (more sparse & some almost look greasy). We have a heat plate on at all times in the brooder but she chooses to walk around all day shivering. Is this normal? Should we do anything to help her feathers come in? Overall she is eating/drinking/acting normal. This is our first time raising chicks. Thanks in advance!
How's the feathering?

How's the feathering?
It’s improving slightly but I am still noticing bald spots. She also continues to shake a lot, though it doesn’t actually seem that she is cold. I’ve started giving scrambled eggs and plain yogurt a couple times per week, and keep grit in their food as well.

Thought I’d share what I’m doing for my runty roo. I have 3 week old chicks, one with failure to thrive, lacked signs of feathering out.
I used the 20% chick starter and made a wet warm mash, added 1-2 drops of nutridrench and served him all he would eat (away from others) three times a day, plus access to dry crumble and water at will in brooder with flockmates. He started sprouting feathers on wings, then shoulders, and now has three tiny tail feathers now. He’s still small but has grown noticeably. Maybe that would help your lil one?
Thank you so much for sharing! I will definitely try the mash!

Back
Top Bottom