not good news!

Garilyn Bardash

Chirping
7 Years
May 11, 2012
Lafayette/Carencro
We got some bad news last week. My hubby went for a routine chest xray and a spot was detected. While doing a biopsy on it, the technician deflated my husband's right lung.resulting in a 30 hour hospital stay, they got it reinflated. Now we got the results and it is lung cancer. the surgeon wants to remove the right upper lobe as soon as possible. this will be a major surgery! it is a good thing that i didn't order my black australorp chicks, since he will probably be in ICU for a little while and possibly a week's stay in the hospital. Our cats and dogs can pretty much fend for themselves while I am busy at the hospital. Hubby also has a tethered spinal cord causing his nerves to die and the muscles of his body to deteriorate. rough going here lately since he is between pain mgt. drs. and no GP will prescribe narcotics for him. he is in horrible pain and can barely manage. Due to his spinal condition he has lost the use of his legs and losing strength in his arms now too. please keep us in your prayers, they are greatly appreciated and needed. I'll try to keep everyone posted on his progress! thanks, Garilyn

i will be praying fore you and your hubby!!!! the Lord is good to us he will help you through hard times and trails. he is the great healer and he loves us all!!!!

Im so sorry!
hugs.gif
Sending a prayer to both of you.

Hubby went the get the results of his biopsy. The mass is classified as not small cell. That means that it hasn't and probably won't cross over into the smaller cells, like blood cells and spread. If they can remove the right upper lobe, 1/3 of the right lung, it should fix and remove all of the 1 inch mass. taking the whole area will ensure that the cancerous spot will all be removed and he won't have to go thru chemo or radiation. it will all be determined by if the lymph nodes were affected. but he isn't expected to need chemo. that is a big blessing! thanks to everyone for all the prayers and well wishes! Keep em coming!

Back
Top Bottom