Not happy at all - what would you do?

Hi! If I knew there were 'strangers' coming around on a particular day to do tree-cutting (with whatever nonsense they might bring), I would have crated the in-heat dog IN the house just to be safe. In fact, I would be happy I had advance notice, so I could take precautions.

Hope everyone is calmed down.
smile.png

Lisa

My dogs are better outside in their pen than in the house panicing....

The point of my rant - is that you do not bring an animal to another persons home/land/farm without asking the owners first - That is my issue - it is rude.

Had a contractor come onto my neighbor's property to do some roofing just last month. He brought his dogS.... don't know if he got the neighbor's permission but he sure as hootin did not have mine!!

I came home to find strange dog standing on my porch growling at me!!! DH nearly shot him. My dog chased him off and that is how we found out where he'd come from. Same as the other woman's story, contractor said OK next day he brought both dogs and tied them in neighbor's yard. I did not see how they were tended or not, I wasn't home to see much.

Quote:
My crazy BIL does with his horrible mutt that always has fleas and steps on your feet and slobbers everything...
To the OP sorry about your dog problem, And hello from up farther north! Are you near coeur d' alene?

Last edited:
I totally agree with you it is rude. A few weeks back I invited my DH's boss over for dinner and he brought his current g/f who after opened the door said I hope you don't mind but I brought my dog with me. She has a wiener dog, and I have 4 labs and king Sheppard/st. Bernard mix. Good thing I had the sense to stick them in the pen or her dog would have been dead as the king Sheppard does not like little dogs since he was bitten by one a year back. Anyhow her dog was cute, wearing furry booties and a Harley Davidson leather jacket completely bejeweled until it decided to go into the chicken run chase my chickens around and pee on everything including the water bowl and their food. She let him in the run without asking and int he end stepped on a bunch of my chickens and she thought the dog peeing in their feed was funny. well I wasn't amused and the boss saw that and apologized for her behaviour.

Our dogs have to stay outside too when we have company on the property too or they go nuts scratching at the door to get out there and last spring they broke the window on the door when the truck came to empty the septic tank. luckily that door leads to a mudroom that serves as their huge indoor dog house and is closed up in dog pen that is 8 feet high.

Hi! I agree, maybe they did ask the owner and the owner said 'no problem with bringing your dog'.
The landlord decided that he wanted to have the trees "topped" - ok no biggie. We explain that they actually need to be removed or they will cause the same issues year after year. So he sends an email and says that they are coming out to do a bid on the tree removal. ok no problem. We told the landlord that the dogs would be out in their pen and what not so no biggie they come out, do the bid, turn it into the landlord, he ok's it and sets up for today for them to start.

smile.png

Lisa​

Idiots. Bring a dog with you to a social event at the home of someone you have not met? Good grief! If it had been my home, my JRT would have dined well on hot dog! And to deliberately put her dog in your chickens' run? You are lucky he did not kill any! Your boss owes you BIG TIME.

Quote:
Holy high horse, Batman!

So let me see- Whenever you leave your property and someone's coming to work, you make sure your dogs are locked down just in case that someone comes to your house and lets a random animal run around? What about chickens and ducks? You expect people who come over to work to bring their animals with them? That's standard? Where do you live? Where I come from, it's not okay to take your animals to someone else's farm/ranch/home/yard/property without explicit permission. So I don't hide my animals when I leave just in case someone feels the need to violate that standard courtesy. Plus, how many hours would you lock up a young dog in her first heat while you were at work? How much unnecessary stress should that dog have to go through just "in case" the person coming brings "nonsense" as you call it.

I'm pretty sure that the poster knows their dog better than you or I. So your lecture in the form of a friendly, yet passive-aggressive mini email is a real eye-opener for me about how this forum treats people going through tough stuff. I'll post accordingly. I sure wouldn't want you looking down on me if/when something happens on my property. Apparently I'll have to find another forum for that. At least I know now before I got too invested here... Sheesh.

Hi! That goes back to being considerate in general. I'm sure the tree-cutting folks didn't know your situation. "We're going to cut in the back woods".
I have a friend (one of those people that you only hear from when they need something) who's son's dog had to have an emergency c-section and couldn't nurse the puppies --- where do you think they showed up at 2 am with 10 puppies for me to deal with (because I always have raw goatmilk and a soft spot for baby-anything).
The kicker is I've told her time and time again, you are welcome any time --- but leave your dogs at home when you know you are coming here. MY DOGS love baby-anything, but don't like strange dogs (and they don't want new friends).
smile.png

Lisa
Whinny, whinny
neigh, neigh
OK, now I'm off my 'high horse'

Back
Top Bottom