NOT happy!!! UPDATE: Turkeys arrived.

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
I will not divulge the name of the facility that I placed my turkey poult order with but I am not happy with them right now.
My order was supposed to ship on the 24th, by the 26th I had not heard from them or the post office so I called the facility. They did not ship because they did not have my proper ph. # (which I have given them 3 times). So they were supposed to ship on the 31st. They said they would call me if the did NOT ship. I didn't hear from them so I assumed they shipped. I called the facility on the 1st to double check and they had NOT shipped but were shipping on the 1st. I had ordered 15 poults which only 10 were shipping. The other five will ship next week with cockeral packing peanuts!!! I have ordered chicks from 2 hatcheries (all pullets) and have specifically stated "no peanuts, no roos". Now I'm getting I don't know how many or what breed of roos. When I said I really don't want these roos, the lady on the phone said "just throw them away". Needless to say I am not happy.
Sorry, had to vent.

Thurs- Poults arrived. I got the number of poults I ordered but not the correct number of ea. breed or male/females I ordered. So I called the facility and cancelled the order they were going to send with the cockeral packing peanuts. I'm ok with what I got because I will have the female I wanted. I'm hoping that my order was just a fluke slew of mistakes and that is not how they normally do business. As for "just throw them away".....I don't know what to think about that response other than I was going to have to try to find homes for them...

Last edited:
That sucks that they would be so non chalant about "just throw them away."

Personally, I would say who the hatchery is, as it lets others know what to expect.

I can't blame you there.
sad.png

I just hope it isn't the same hatchery we're expecting Royal Palms from on 4/16.

Hope ya good luck with the whole thing,
David

Where did you order them from? You might be able to help somebody else avoid the same problem

Steve in NC

Last edited:
yeah letting others know who this hatchery is will save other packing peanuts a horrible faite of someone who WOULD just throw the poor things away (i know you wouldnt no doubt about that because if that was the case you wouldnt care about getting them as the effort of throwing them away is simple you're upset because you have to rehoome them or grow them up and then cull them). Not to mention will save some other hopeful the heartache of not getting the birds when they should if for some reason they needed them at a specific time for their plans.

Find homes for your extra roosters? WHAT?!
barnie.gif

I would cancel my order ASAP. There are too many places to order from to be treated like that.

In this day and age I can't understand why a company would treat a customer like this. They should be bending over backwards to keep your business.

Quote:
You would think so wouldn't you? I agree I would close that order. If you are close enough to come pick them up, we can hatch you some. We are in Eastern NC near Greenville. Depending on how far west you are it might be a long haul though.

Steve in NC

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom