Not happy with processor- what is this?

charliethezero

Songster
10 Years
May 10, 2009
East central MN
I'm in the middle of a move so I desided to send my birds to processor. First the packaging is completely unprofessional (loose plastic bag with twist tie) so now I'm repackaging and looking inside them, the processor missed several organs on 6 out of 8 birds. I'm slightly upset now. Learned my lesson and will always just butcher my birds myself.

IMG_20130718_154842_zps49fade63.jpg

At least the processor got the feathers off.....but he only 'cleaned' the outside? Perhaps processor was in a rush and 'forgot' to finish up?

I'd call them and ask - they might have a new employee - but something should be said, gracefully, to the butcher. Whoops, you forgot to grab his innards!

Yeah, I called them up to tell them they missed the lungs, testicles and other things on six of the eight birds I brought in. All he said after I asked for a partial refund was "well they're pretty much cleaned, that should be good enough". Very unprofessional processing, packaging, and customer service.

Their job on the left, my repackaging on right (it was still semi frozen when I shrink wrapped it)
IMG_20130719_220853_zps79e65d26.jpg

IMG_20130719_220837_zps81f9c535.jpg

Last edited:
Yes! Mine's on the right. I can't think right now, I may need sleep :)

I'm going to thaw out the rest of the birds completely before shrink wrapping. That way I don't get that air by/from the frozen legs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom