not laying eggs!

ashley2189

In the Brooder
May 19, 2015
I bought 3 hens from a farm nearby. The farmer said they lay an egg a day. They are red sex link breed. I have had them for over 2 weeks now and still not a single egg. Does anyone know why this could be?

Sex links are great layers! Give them time to adjust to their new environment it can take a few weeks for them to start laying again. Once they get comfortable they will get into a schedule. Do you just have these three or are they mixed in with another flock? There are many factors but just wait it out, they'll come around!

Last edited:
We feed our flock a mixed crumb ratio from our local feed store. I mix in oyster shells for calcium as well. I also feed whole oats in the morning and at night as a treat along with any table scraps we have left over from the house (besides chicken and citrus) They should have a feeder with mash or crumbs in it available 24/7 and some treats offered

They prob just need a little more time.Speaking from over 40 years experience make sure layer feed is 90% of there diet.I raise a few different breeds and have a total of 70 hens got 67 eggs today

I bought 3 hens from a farm nearby. The farmer said they lay an egg a day. They are red sex link breed. I have had them for over 2 weeks now and still not a single egg. Does anyone know why this could be?
How old are hens?
Are they free ranged or confined to coop and run?

Back
Top Bottom