not laying

smarrie

Chirping
Sep 12, 2018
I have 2 khaki's and 2 black swedish. All were laying fine. Now the black swedish are apparently on holiday. Had a third khaki die several weeks ago -just keiled over. Can't remember if timing related. But no one is sick, they are active and eating and loving life. Just not laying. Nothing else has changed. Don't appear to be molting. Since no one lays 365 I assumed a few days off here and there but this has been over 2 weeks, maybe 3. They are about 1 year old

What are your temps like? extreme heat can cause them to stop laying or cut back. As long as they are eating and acting normal it's just wait and see. But breaks now and again to build back up calcium reserves is good for them.
well it's definately been hot. And humid. August in Pennsylvania -ugh. Hopefully that's it. When all four start laying again and my younger chickens start I'll have eggs galore. But guess that'll be next month!

well it's definately been hot. And humid. August in Pennsylvania -ugh. Hopefully that's it. When all four start laying again and my younger chickens start I'll have eggs galore. But guess that'll be next month!
Last year my girls really slowed down to the point that I had to BUY eggs! Wow, that was weird! This year, however, I planned ahead and I froze 30 eggs for holiday cooking which was really easy. I've read they are very good to use for baking.

Hi, we have a mixed assortment of 4 fowl, two crested runners and two mallard/runners. The latter are the 3 yr old senior hens, and the crested are 4.5 months old drake and hen. The seniors stopped laying a month ago. We have made changes by removing three of the four drakes we had, would that be the reason they stopped? Is there a way to tell if their vents are viable, and should we disturb them by looking? As with the original author in Pennsylvania it's been a hot summer in Washint on State

Ducky Donna Hello, on the freezing eggs, what is your process?
I first cracked them in a clear custard dish to make sure they didn't have anything weird or blood in them then I put them in a small plastic cup, scrambled them and put them in the freezer. I did about 9 at a time. They froze fairly quickly and then I popped them out of the little cups and put them in a zip lock bag.

I first cracked them in a clear custard dish to make sure they didn't have anything weird or blood in them then I put them in a small plastic cup, scrambled them and put them in the freezer. I did about 9 at a time. They froze fairly quickly and then I popped them out of the little cups and put them in a zip lock bag.
WOW! cleavor. Thanks Beckki

What are your temps like? extreme heat can cause them to stop laying or cut back. As long as they are eating and acting normal it's just wait and see. But breaks now and again to build back up calcium reserves is good for them.
ok, so how long is this break ? Black swedish still aren't laying :-(

Back
Top Bottom