Not meat birds but culled

Better than my first try.

Tweezers,

and yes, you can eat as is. Mostly keratin (think fingernails) and a bit of protein. After cooking, its a texture thing, but not otherwise dangeorus.

But I'd use tweezers.

and its difficult to get the temp just right, and also even over the bird. I usually dirobe the bird, but when I scald I often have to "rescald" a few spots if the water doesn't move over the birds adequately - between the thigh and the leg is a problem spot for me, likewise between the wing and the breast.
Thank you so much, definitely going to be adding tweezers to my growing processing kit lol

I'm very impressed. It's not everyone that finds the strength and will to do what needs to be done. It is an emotional and difficult task, but you did and did it alone. And, by the looks of the end result, you did it well.

As for the pin feathers, I keep a pair of needle-nose pliers on hand, but as others have said is mostly for aesthetics.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your kind words, I knew this was definitely the right place to come to to talk about it. It was a hard process but I’m so glad I got it done and now know so much more and what to expect, especially those pin feathers lol

Back
Top Bottom