Not new, but it's been a while

Solace

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Rutherford County, NC
I'm not new by any stretch of the imagination, but it's been quite a while. I used to raise Serama as well as a few other breeds. Bought an old farm place this past year and am starting out slowly. We purchased 18 dibs this past spring, but unfortunately wound up with 14 roosters and 4 hens... what are the chances of that? So far we've put 10 roosters in the freezer and it appears a few more will be going in pretty soon. We've also added 9 guineas to the flock and will be adding more. We will be adding eggs to the incubator here tomorrow since the 4 hens produce more eggs than we can keep up with and are hoping to get more hens eventually. Will be adding turkey, cows, pigs and goats to the farm soon as well. All of that to say.... Hello Again Everyone!

Dan

G’Day from down under Dan
frow.gif
Welcome Back!

Gees, that is a pretty sucky rooster to hen ratio!
hmm.png

Sending good hatching vibes your way!
fl.gif

Greetings from Kansas and welcome back, Dan!
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you back in the flock! That's a nice array of critter your have planned. You sound a lot like me....just started with chickens...added turkeys...and ducks....and guineas....and geese...and pigs. No goats yet but you never know! Best wishes!!

Back
Top Bottom