Not really in the Holiday Cheer?

I don't do Christmas very well anymore.

I lost my Christmas spirit along about ten years ago.
Christmas season when my sister passed away. Her
gifts are still in the closet.

Wife and daughter do Christmas. I watch.

Maybe someday I'll get over it. Not yet.

(On the other hand, I buy for them throughout the year. They
both have anything they desire any day they want it. It just isn't
wrapped in Christmas paper.)

Make the holiday meaningful for you. If that means decorating out the wazoo, then decorate. If it means climbing up on your rooftop and belting out carols, then do it! Just don't take up an open container with you (you don't want to be accused of public drunkenness...)

If decorating isn't something you want this year, then don't do it. Don't let others tell you that you SHOULD or make you feel bad if you don't. Now, if you have kids in the house, then it may be different....you may need to put a few token things out for them.

Remember, it is okay to take years off. This year I didn't even go to the basement and get my Halloween decorations out. Not a one! So, I skipped straight to Christmas, only two weeks after Halloween. (I reject all ideas that others have about when it is okay / not okay to put out my decorations.) I hadn't planned to leave the other stuff put away. I just never got to it and felt blah about it. Normally, I do a fine bit of decorating for Halloween, too. I have loads of fun things for it!

So maybe you only want to put up a wreath this year -- or just a stocking. Or nothing. That's okay. Next year you might feel like a big bash.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom