not really new just never introduced myself before

mcdermottm

Chirping
Jun 30, 2015
Prattsburgh, NY
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? we got our first chickens 6 years ago. we bought 3 cochins and still have 2 of them. one was killed by a skunk protecting her chick

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I don't count my chickens. that way when the hubby asks, i can say i don't know! lol Around 35 plus 5 colored sebastopol geese.

(3) What breeds do you have? Main flock is for colorful eggs. Marans, EE, OE, Welsummer, Legbar, Cochin, and Ameraucana. I have a separate coop for my 55 flowery hens.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? i've been on here for years. when i first got into chickens i found the site on an internet search for info

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? i work full time, new to ND goats, breed Irish Dexter cows. I've also had Southdown Babydoll Sheep and Kunekune pigs. I love to incubate and hatch out poultry of all kinds

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am married and have 4 kids (2 grown and 2 still at home), 4 dogs, 8 outside cats, a mule named Bob and a mini Donkey named Jack.

Cyprus

Master of the 'never give up' attitude
Jan 19, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Wow! 35 chickens and 5 geese! :bow Glad to have you here. What breeds of dogs do you have? I like the names you gave your mule and mini donkey.

I love goats! I want ND goats so bad :fl, I'm so jealous! Irish Dexter cows are so cool, I like how small they are :)

mcdermottm

Chirping
Jun 30, 2015
Prattsburgh, NY
Wow! 35 chickens and 5 geese! :bow Glad to have you here. What breeds of dogs do you have? I like the names you gave your mule and mini donkey.

I love goats! I want ND goats so bad :fl, I'm so jealous! Irish Dexter cows are so cool, I like how small they are :)

We have a Yorkie/Japanese Chin, a Shih Tzu/Maltese, an English Bulldog and a Cane Corso.
thanks!

mcdermottm

Chirping
Jun 30, 2015
Prattsburgh, NY
Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Thanks! I lurk on the NYS page. I have gone to a couple of our Chickenstocks so i am on that group.

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
welcome.gif

Thanks for the great introduction!

Top Bottom