Not roosting, diarrhea… still eating and drinking

Mamahenof3

Chirping
Jun 1, 2020
I have an ISA brown that’s 4 years old this spring. She was not laying this winter (normal) and has not started to lay again yet… so not sure if she’s just not ready or if this is a symptom as well.
A little less than a week ago I noticed she was not roosting, she was sleeping in a nesting box. At first I thought this was because of her getting picked on. She got a little frostbite this winter and had a couple of other chickens picking at her comb.
Then I noticed her but was messy. The first day I just thought this was from laying in the nest instead of roosting, but it got worse and was mostly white.
So I separated her, washed her up, checked her vent. Checked a couple inches up her vent… aside from being a dirty butted thing her vent looks healthy, no protruding, no inflammation, insides felt good. I put some anti fungal cream on her anyway and put her alone with food and water to monitor.
Everything else looks good, her comb is raggidy from being picked on but it’s a good color. Crop is empty in the morning. She doesn’t smell bad, inside her mouth is good, eyes are good, standing normally…
Her butt is continuing to look dirtier and dirtier (she’s been In a crate for two days now). She’s still got loose poop, nothing formed well, but it’s normal colors…she is eating and drinking
Should I throw some antibiotics at her? Nutridrench? Keep doing anti fungal? Do you think she’s just old for her breed?

I forgot to say because of the weather lately our yard and their run are a soggy mess right now so I didn’t know if that is causing a problem. No respiratory symptoms

Help me out here guys! She’s been isolated, still eating and drinking great… poop still too loose and dirty vent. So I decided to wash her up again and check her over. When I picked her up she felt like she had really lost more weight! Got her washed up and while I was doing that some water drained out of her nostrils. Eyes still look fine. Breathing is fine but she was trying to click a little and it just sounds like weak quiet little sounds…. Have been giving her nutridrench in her water. Her vent are was a little red but dry… not sure if that’s just from diarrhea for so long.

I have an ISA brown that’s 4 years old this spring. She was not laying this winter (normal) and has not started to lay again yet… so not sure if she’s just not ready or if this is a symptom as well.
A little less than a week ago I noticed she was not roosting, she was sleeping in a nesting box. At first I thought this was because of her getting picked on. She got a little frostbite this winter and had a couple of other chickens picking at her comb.
Then I noticed her but was messy. The first day I just thought this was from laying in the nest instead of roosting, but it got worse and was mostly white.
So I separated her, washed her up, checked her vent. Checked a couple inches up her vent… aside from being a dirty butted thing her vent looks healthy, no protruding, no inflammation, insides felt good. I put some anti fungal cream on her anyway and put her alone with food and water to monitor.
Everything else looks good, her comb is raggidy from being picked on but it’s a good color. Crop is empty in the morning. She doesn’t smell bad, inside her mouth is good, eyes are good, standing normally…
Her butt is continuing to look dirtier and dirtier (she’s been In a crate for two days now). She’s still got loose poop, nothing formed well, but it’s normal colors…she is eating and drinking
Should I throw some antibiotics at her? Nutridrench? Keep doing anti fungal? Do you think she’s just old for her breed?
Pictures could be nice

Attachments

• 9F436A64-42FA-4116-857A-57DABACF9DAE.jpeg
    9F436A64-42FA-4116-857A-57DABACF9DAE.jpeg
    702.2 KB · Views: 3
  • A412B964-F040-4D01-A82D-BA07CEA97F77.jpeg
    A412B964-F040-4D01-A82D-BA07CEA97F77.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 3
Im pretty sure browns stop laying around 4 years old. Im not to sure on the poop situation to be honest. Can you try cleaning some of it? I dont really know, i havent experienced this. Any symptoms such as:
  • Sticky yellow whiteish paste-like discharge from vent.
  • Hard white crusting on dirty tail feathers.
  • Strong unpleasant smell?

Im pretty sure browns stop laying around 4 years old. Im not to sure on the poop situation to be honest. Can you try cleaning some of it? I dont really know, i havent experienced this. Any symptoms such as:
  • Sticky yellow whiteish paste-like discharge from vent.
  • Hard white crusting on dirty tail feathers.
  • Strong unpleasant smell?
I’ve cleaned her up twice. She’s clean now, just did it about an hour ago. It was whiter the first go around last week. Not anymore. No bad smell….

Back
Top Bottom