Not slowing their role!

Hahaha yeah I have Leghorns, RSLs, Australorps, Black Copper Marans, Cochins, a Brahma, an Orpington, and an Olive Egger. The only one who stopped laying was the Olive Egger. The Black Copper Marans slowed down. Everyone else? No change. Let's just say I make a lot of frittatas!

In their first year, pullets will lay straight through the winter. Mine started laying on Christmas Day! If you want them to keep laying next winter, that is when you need to provide the extra light. Enjoy the eggs and make sure they are getting enough calcium in their diet
Thank You. Yes, I make sure they have all the oyster shell they want.

I have 16 hens, most are first-year layers, and we went from 12-14 eggs a day to 3 or 4 for a while. They've picked up the slack a bit to 9-11 a day but I'm sick with jealousy over your production. We give a lot away to friends, and it bugs me when we have to skip a family or two.

I have 16 hens, most are first-year layers, and we went from 12-14 eggs a day to 3 or 4 for a while. They've picked up the slack a bit to 9-11 a day but I'm sick with jealousy over your production. We give a lot away to friends, and it bugs me when we have to skip a family or two.
They think laying lots of eggs gets them more attention, extra snacks, and having the run of the place....hmm, guess they’re right!

Back
Top Bottom