Not so new to fowl!

Ledouxjj

Hatching
Mar 17, 2018
So I have to go back some 45 years when I raised my first chicken. It was more like 100 meat birds trying to save a buck at the dinner table.

I turn a young 70 this week and thought I would buy myself a birthday present of dozen pullets. 6 leghorn, 3 Rhode Island reds and 3 golden star. Probably more than I need but figured on attrition.

Looking forward to raising and caring for them and of course using the eggs. I am in the planning stages of the chicken coop and have plenty of room. Also have some critters that would just love to make them a meal so can’t really let them be free without me being around.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Happy early Birthday wishes. :celebrate I turned young 70 in July. You might also enjoy the thread "The Old Folks Home." you don't have to be old to join. Just a very nice group of thoughtful and supportive folks - like most BYC threads. Topics change by the minute, so if you just wait a bit, you can add something new.

MrsMistyReal

Addict
6 Years
Aug 6, 2014
Mississippi
Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers :jumpy
Happy-Birthday-To-You.jpg

Top Bottom