Not so pretty chicks? Baby Silkies

Newbiemum

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
Macedonia, Ohio
So just my opinion.. some of my 3week old babies are ADORABLE, others not so much. Lol. My question, will my ugly babies turn out to be beautiful fluffy Silkies? I'll love them either way ; ) But I was just curious. They are healthy & happy babies ; )
Share your chick pics & let me know your thoughts!

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Silkies are very docile , neighborhood children may want to pet them nonstop. They cant fly, and their flesh is dark. Don't lay many eggs but are excellent at brooding. Enjoy them as I did some 15 years ago. AND OF COURSE WELCOME.
thumbsup.gif

Here is a picture of my silkies that are about 3 weeks old. They both have funny looking wings too. I was worried. The guys I bought them from said they are very fragile until about 4-6 weeks.
They are so cute.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Your chicks are cute! Chicks do grow at different rates and ways and some that go though those funny gawky dinosaur stages will turn into beautiful birds, so don't lose hope!

Are they hatchery or breeder silkies?

If you've seen a lot of photos of show bred silkies with big crests and just dripping in feathers - hatchery stock will pale in comparison. There is also a big difference in bearded silkies and those without beards.

Chicks, pure bred and mixed, have a knack for being adorable if you accept them as they are.

Back
Top Bottom