Not sure about the breed of your chicken(s)? Click here!

Pics

RoostersAreAwesome

Enabler
6 Years
May 21, 2017
I can tell you what breed or mix of breeds you have. All you have to do is post some pictures and tell me where you got your chicken(s).

Preferred pictures would be a standing side profile, a picture of the legs and feet (if not included in the side profile), and a picture of the comb (if it's not a single comb).

I would also prefer that you only post chickens that are older than 12 weeks. I can try with younger chicks, but sometimes it's impossible to know at that age.

I would be happy to tell you how I came to my conclusions. If you're wondering about your chicken's sex, I can help with that, too!

ED8FC247-C7FF-4523-AAFF-103DAA93D2F2.jpeg
B7583D41-7E88-49AD-99C1-9875BCBCD76B.jpeg
:p

I'm not sure if you're willing to have a go at possible colour too but here's one of my Bantam chicks! I'm not wonderful at colour genetics and stuff.

I guess bonus points if you guess what he is (I'm thinking he anyways). I know what he is but I've never seen anyone with a chick like it before so I have no idea how he'll turn out!

Exciting times when chicks are growing up :D

1 day old:
IMG_9787.JPG

IMG_9788.JPG

IMG_9789.JPG

1 week old:
IMG_9922.JPG

IMG_9923.JPG

IMG_9924.JPG

IMG_9925.JPG

IMG_9926.JPG

IMG_9927.JPG

Mixed color brahmas :p
I'm not sure if you're willing to have a go at possible colour too but here's one of my Bantam chicks! I'm not wonderful at colour genetics and stuff.

I guess bonus points if you guess what he is (I'm thinking he anyways). I know what he is but I've never seen anyone with a chick like it before so I have no idea how he'll turn out!

Exciting times when chicks are growing up :D

1 day old:
View attachment 1855356
View attachment 1855357
View attachment 1855358

1 week old:
View attachment 1855359
View attachment 1855360
View attachment 1855369
View attachment 1855370
View attachment 1855372
View attachment 1855374
D'uccle mix? I'm not sure how accurate my guess on color would be that early unless I know the parents' colors.

Ah. I was thinking of d'anvers, but the lack of a rose comb confused me.
Since both of your chick's parents are buff columbian based, he/she should be mostly buff columbian. Mottling (white spots) is recessive, so won't show up in the first generation. If the chick is a pullet, she/he will have some of the patterning that d'anvers hens have.

Ah. I was thinking of d'anvers, but the lack of a rose comb confused me.
Since both of your chick's parents are buff columbian based, he/she should be mostly buff columbian. Mottling (white spots) is recessive, so won't show up in the first generation. If the chick is a pullet, she/he will have some of the patterning that d'anvers hens have.

Oh awesome!

I am dreadful with understanding colours so I was clueless.

Unfortunately there won't be anymore generations from the father, we had to euthanise due to a quick onset illness. Found out it is a simple thing to fix with antibiotics but at the time we couldn't get any and he wasn't improving.

We've had some crazy weather over here going from hot to freezing rain over night which apparently caused it. Quite a few flocks have been effected sadly.

At least we have his chick!

Looking forward to see if he really is a he or a she. Thankyou for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom