Not sure how to remedy this….

Kateespencer

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2021
So I have a dilemma. We have 2 mallard ducks and today their kiddy pool sprung a leak somewhere. We live in Wyoming and it’s currently winter so finding a new kiddy pool in December is impossible!! I was wondering about some ideas that I could try so they can still take their baths that they oh so love (no matter the temperature) any recommendations are welcome.

So I have a dilemma. We have 2 mallard ducks and today their kiddy pool sprung a leak somewhere. We live in Wyoming and it’s currently winter so finding a new kiddy pool in December is impossible!! I was wondering about some ideas that I could try so they can still take their baths that they oh so love (no matter the temperature) any recommendations are welcome.
Tractor Supply sells good-sized metal livestock watering containers that should outlast many kiddie pools. In the long run, it might be worth it.

Since mallards aren’t that big, could you get a large feed bowl from a farm store? I have some that are meant to be large water bowls but my ducks have turned them into swimmie pools 🤣
I also have a dishpan that my ducks turn into single duck swimmie pool

Since mallards aren’t that big, could you get a large feed bowl from a farm store? I have some that are meant to be large water bowls but my ducks have turned them into swimmie pools 🤣
I also have a dishpan that my ducks turn into single duck swimmie pool
Yes!! In the winter we put fresh water in a large Tupperware container and our female always gets in it. Our male even tried to mate with her while she was in it but that didn’t work out so well for him 🤦🏼‍♀️

This is similar to the one I have.

Attachments

• AA8FC29C-F139-4BCA-A325-3F566416F3BA.jpeg
    AA8FC29C-F139-4BCA-A325-3F566416F3BA.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 3
My kiddie pool that I put in my ducks' tractor has a leak as well. I stuff the crack with leaves and grass and 75% of the time I can get it to hold. I've also used duct tape, and that lasts for a while too. Probably depends on how big the crack is.

Our pekin is a big fan of splashing in a cat litter tray... maybe that would be big enough for mallards?

Or an underfed storage container?

My kiddie pool that I put in my ducks' tractor has a leak as well. I stuff the crack with leaves and grass and 75% of the time I can get it to hold. I've also used duct tape, and that lasts for a while too. Probably depends on how big the crack is.
I was thinking about that too. What about some flex seal or something like that? Do you think that would be ok to get us through the winter until we can get a new one?

Back
Top Bottom