Not sure if my hen is Egg Bound or Vent Gleet

Kensseej5

Hatching
May 12, 2021
For over a month now my hen has had very runny/liquid poops. They are very watery with white and green streaks in them. Her butt feathers were filled with poop so I gave her a bath in Spain salt and cut away the feathers. After a month this is still going on. Her butt is red and chapped. I’ve put coconut oil on her skin and wipe the poop away often.
A couple things to know: 1. she had frost bite on her feet and lost 2 toes already and will more than likely be losing a couple more. The runny poops started when the frost bite happened.
2. she doesn’t move around a lot and is very very slow when she does.
3. her tail is down and she is puffed out.
4. she doesn’t roost anymore and lays under the nesting boxes
5. She is still eating and drinking
6. She is 4 years old RIR
7. I put my finger in her vent today and didn’t feel anything that felt like an egg.

I’m not sure what to do. I bought Monistat 7 and electrolytes/vitamin water tonight arms will give her that in the morning.
Any advice? Thank you so much!!!

For over a month now my hen has had very runny/liquid poops. They are very watery with white and green streaks in them. Her butt feathers were filled with poop so I gave her a bath in Spain salt and cut away the feathers. After a month this is still going on. Her butt is red and chapped. I’ve put coconut oil on her skin and wipe the poop away often.
A couple things to know: 1. she had frost bite on her feet and lost 2 toes already and will more than likely be losing a couple more. The runny poops started when the frost bite happened.
2. she doesn’t move around a lot and is very very slow when she does.
3. her tail is down and she is puffed out.
4. she doesn’t roost anymore and lays under the nesting boxes
5. She is still eating and drinking
6. She is 4 years old RIR
7. I put my finger in her vent today and didn’t feel anything that felt like an egg.

I’m not sure what to do. I bought Monistat 7 and electrolytes/vitamin water tonight arms will give her that in the morning.
Any advice? Thank you so much!!!
Have you checked her crop function? Is it completely empty in the morning?
Have you checked between her legs for fluid buildup?

Have you checked her crop function? Is it completely empty in the morning?
Have you checked between her legs for fluid buildup?
Her crop seems fine. She is still eating and drinking. I haven’t noticed if it’s empty in the morning. I’ll check that tomorrow morning when they come out of the coop.
ummm....between her legs for fluid buildup up....like on the inside of her or on her feathers. I put monistat around her vent and applied it inside but don’t think I put it in far enough because she pooped it out 5 min later.

Her crop seems fine. She is still eating and drinking. I haven’t noticed if it’s empty in the morning. I’ll check that tomorrow morning when they come out of the coop.
ummm....between her legs for fluid buildup up....like on the inside of her or on her feathers. I put monistat around her vent and applied it inside but don’t think I put it in far enough because she pooped it out 5 min later.
Fluid build up in the abdomen.
Her crop being empty in the morning is important.
The dark green pieces in the liquid stool is indicative of starving which could be caused by a poorly functioning digestive system which could be caused by build up of fluid in the abdominal cavity due to reproductive issues.

Her crop was empty this morning when she woke up. Her butt is extremely red and it looks like her vent is swollen too. She isn’t moving much but still eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom