Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics

How about these guys? They are 4 different birds, all suppose to be ISA Brown pullets.:he

Ok, I'm a little nervous! I have three Cochins all 12 weeks. I just got the lemon lace yesterday because I thought I was sure my black and buff Cochins were pullets. The black and buff have been big from the start and very fluffy with lots of feathers. Black had red comb and wattles early but she grew into them. The roo I got yesterday is smaller and definitely isn't as full feather-wise as the girls. When comparing the roo to my black pullet though, it seems her wattles and comb may be the same!! She also pecks at him, others might, too, but she really went after him in front of me. I hope she really is a pullet as I just want one roo.

Black Cochin (Pullet?)

Buff Cochin (Pullet)

Buff Cochin Tail

Lemon Lace Cochin (Roo)

Ok, I'm a little nervous! I have three Cochins all 12 weeks. I just got the lemon lace yesterday because I thought I was sure my black and buff Cochins were pullets. The black and buff have been big from the start and very fluffy with lots of feathers. Black had red comb and wattles early but she grew into them. The roo I got yesterday is smaller and definitely isn't as full feather-wise as the girls. When comparing the roo to my black pullet though, it seems her wattles and comb may be the same!! She also pecks at him, others might, too, but she really went after him in front of me. I hope she really is a pullet as I just want one roo.

Black Cochin (Pullet?)

Buff Cochin (Pullet)

Buff Cochin Tail

Lemon Lace Cochin (Roo)
Your "lemon lace" is not laced...It is a cockerel, though. He's Buff Columbian.

Back
Top Bottom