Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

[/URL]
My 4.5wk RIR, guesses?
Thanks!

Lookin' like a rooster.. a few more weeks and you should have a positive answer. :)

I've posted this guy on my own threads a couple times but I like to try to participate in threads if possible so what do you think of this little guy?

Ive been told it's either a Rooster or too early to tell, it's 5 weeks old and I got it from the "assorted" bin so not 100% positive on gender but could be possible white Plymouth Rock

I've posted this guy on my own threads a couple times but I like to try to participate in threads if possible so what do you think of this little guy?

Ive been told it's either a Rooster or too early to tell, it's 5 weeks old and I got it from the "assorted" bin so not 100% positive on gender but could be possible white Plymouth Rock

Hmm.. this one is a tricky one. This is either a late bloomer rooster, or an early bloomer pullet.. but I'm leaning towards pullet.

Hmm.. this one is a tricky one. This is either a late bloomer rooster, or an early bloomer pullet.. but I'm leaning towards pullet.

The funny thing is I didn't notice the redish comb at the base until a week ago and it hasn't progressed as far as I can tell and it acts like a pullet but looks like a rooster, fingers crossed its not a rooster cuz I can't have one, though it's name will change from Roo to Rue if it's a pullet

The funny thing is I didn't notice the redish comb at the base until a week ago and it hasn't progressed as far as I can tell and it acts like a pullet but looks like a rooster, fingers crossed its not a rooster cuz I can't have one, though it's name will change from Roo to Rue if it's a pullet

I'm pretty sure it is a pullet.. all my laying hens looked like this as well when they were this age; a little pink in comb with slight wattle development. Notta worry, I'm thinkin' this is most likely a little girl!!
smile.png

Ok, here's one for you. Meet Scraggles. She is supposed to be an Australorp., (But now I am guessing a black sexlink, but I really don't know???They came from a feed store, uhg.)She is the middle one in the last picture (about 1 week old)
She started getting gold plumage, and I don't recall ever seeing a dot on her head. The other pictures are of her now at 4.5 weeks. She has thick black legs with a little yellow, and her comb is pinkish. I don't see any waddles yet. She has never had any tail feathers. She is definitely the leader of all six of my mixed flock.

I'm pretty sure it is a pullet.. all my laying hens looked like this as well when they were this age; a little pink in comb with slight wattle development. Notta worry, I'm thinkin' this is most likely a little girl!!:)

What a relief! It's the biggest one in my flock that seems to protect the littlest one (baby aka grace) who seems to be the runt and they get along great and I didn't want to separate them

Back
Top Bottom