Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Other Pics of my silkies... Need help

By the way, the two people taking selfies with my chickens are my two crazy friends wishing they had silkies!
tongue.png
I think you have a pullet and a cockerel, how old? Could you get individual pictures?

I think you have a pullet and a cockerel, how old? Could you get individual pictures?
Which ones are you talking about? The top picture is my first paint silkie. The second picture is all of my silkies together. The third picture is my second paint silkie, and the last one is of my lavender and my second white splash again.

Hi! I'm new to chickens. We got 10 chickies and I'm pretty sure most are hens, but one in particular I'm worried might be a rooster. I hope not, because we can't have roosters, and this bird is the friendliest one of the bunch. She/he is the only one that will let me hold it. In fact she/he runs up to me and wants me to pick her/him up every time I enter the run. I just love "her!" Her name is Frederika. She's a 4 1/2week old Golden-laced Wyandotte. I'm really afraid she is a he tho, because her comb is looking more like a rooster's. She and her "sister" Josephine seemed to have grown a bit just overnight. Josephine's comb is lighter and smaller, but has a weird raised point coming out of the center of it. I will try to get a picture of her as well, but she's hard to catch and does not like being held AT ALL!! She's also the protector of the little white silkies and doesn't like to be too far away from them.

Here is my sweet Frederika/Fred. What do you think?

I was reading that the hackle feathers on females are rounded and males are pointed. Hers look pointed in the picture, but in person, they look rounded. Not sure if it's too early to tell or not tho...

Here's a full body shot from last week..

Which ones are you talking about? The top picture is my first paint silkie. The second picture is all of my silkies together. The third picture is my second paint silkie, and the last one is of my lavender and my second white splash again.
Could you get individual pictures of the ones you would like help on sexing and label them?

Hi! I'm new to chickens. We got 10 chickies and I'm pretty sure most are hens, but one in particular I'm worried might be a rooster. I hope not, because we can't have roosters, and this bird is the friendliest one of the bunch. She/he is the only one that will let me hold it. In fact she/he runs up to me and wants me to pick her/him up every time I enter the run. I just love "her!" Her name is Frederika. She's a 4 1/2week old Golden-laced Wyandotte. I'm really afraid she is a he tho, because her comb is looking more like a rooster's. She and her "sister" Josephine seemed to have grown a bit just overnight. Josephine's comb is lighter and smaller, but has a weird raised point coming out of the center of it. I will try to get a picture of her as well, but she's hard to catch and does not like being held AT ALL!! She's also the protector of the little white silkies and doesn't like to be too far away from them.

Here is my sweet Frederika/Fred. What do you think?

I was reading that the hackle feathers on females are rounded and males are pointed. Hers look pointed in the picture, but in person, they look rounded. Not sure if it's too early to tell or not tho...

Here's a full body shot from last week..
I'm leaning towards cockerel but not positive, I would post again in another week or two to how it has developed.

Back
Top Bottom