Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Thoughts?

These are my 1week old barred rock bantams (we think, any input on this is also appreciated). They might be too young but I have heard that barred rocks are sex-linked?? The one in pic1 has feathered more than pic2 but seems to have lighter coloring already on the wings. They aren't the best pics, I could get more if needed, thank you!

Two brown chicks are 6 weeks old and the light one is 4 weeks old.
They are all cross of BLRW and EE.
1st picture shows combs and 2nd shows their feathers.
They all started to develop red on the wings. Does it mean they are all cockerels?
Thank you!
3%20chicks.jpg

3%20chicks6.jpg

Last edited:
Two brown chicks are 6 weeks old and the light one is 4 weeks old.
They are all cross of BLRW and EE.
1st picture shows combs and 2nd shows their feathers.
They all started to develop red on the wings. Does it mean they are all cockerels?
Thank you!
3%20chicks.jpg

3%20chicks6.jpg
The cushion comb and the mahogany are going to make sexing them by the usual 'tells' a bit more difficult. At this point they are too young to make a guess on. Try again in a few weeks.

These are my 1week old barred rock bantams (we think, any input on this is also appreciated). They might be too young but I have heard that barred rocks are sex-linked?? The one in pic1 has feathered more than pic2 but seems to have lighter coloring already on the wings. They aren't the best pics, I could get more if needed, thank you!
I believe the ones with the dot one the head are male.

Back
Top Bottom