Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Can any tell me what breed of bantam this is hubby got him at tcs out of the assorted bantams bin
Do you have any other photos, from this pic I could tell you what it isn't but that leaves a lot....

I was one the Last thread and was told they are all pullets. Its been over a month so they are 2+ months old now. Still not 100% sure on sex and they def dont look 100% rhode island red like i was told (when purchased). Chicken #1 Chicken #2 Chicken #3 Chicken 3 is the largest. I also added a chicken to the flock. Meet chicken #4 that I got in hopes of 3 hens and 1 roo I feel sure Chicken #4 is Roo but I dont know what any of them are as far as breed and honestly the harder I try to sex them the more I get confused. lol
Quite the mystery. 1. To me looks like a Wyandotte? Maybe- will need to see the comb on her but likely a pullet from the look of things, 2... Could be a red something maybe a mix? The lightness around the face makes me think that? Probably a pullet... And 3...pullet or cockerel I would need a diff pic, likely the same breed as 2. 4... Could be a lot of things but for sure a cockerel. He's got redder feathers coming in over yellow so he could be the same breed as 2&3 or he could be a number of similar breeds but I almost want to say a red of some kind or something. 1. Is so pretty I always wanted a bird with that patterning buy I can't seem to get up the courage to sneak one past the husband ;) what type of comb does she have.

THIS IS MY 11 week old oops Brahma or something lol posted pics last month but still in denial is this a roo?

Pretty red comb for a pullet of that age. Brahma Roos are very kind but they also have different coloring to an extent so look up photos. Could be a pullet, the comb isn't bigger or anything.

Last edited:
I know this buff is really young but my better half is very attached to him or her and the faster I can have an idea of the gender the longer she has to try and prepare herself to possibly find him or her a new home. There seems to be a little more red in the comb to me but I am a newbie at this. I really appreciate the help folks very much so!

Too young for me personally to make an accurate determination. These guys are decent size and develope very differently from one another. I have a few that I thought were boys until they laid eggs

http://pic-collage.com/_UmaurMRS

Hopefully this works some reason im having issues posting pics.
Hopefully these are better pictures, the black and white one has these metallic green colors coming in that you can't see in the picture. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. 8 or so weeks Easter Eggers.

I give up, lol im just not having any luck posting pics

Last edited:
http://pic-collage.com/_UmaurMRS I think they could all be pullets but with Easter eggers it's very hard to tell until they're quite big. The first one does it have a redder comb than the others?

Hopefully this works some reason im having issues posting pics.
Hopefully these are better pictures, the black and white one has these metallic green colors coming in that you can't see in the picture. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. 8 or so weeks Easter Eggers.

I give up, lol im just not having any luck posting pics

Back
Top Bottom