Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

It is a 90 day old sex link. We keep going back and forth between male/female. The tail feathers are round but have a little point to them they are starting to point down. It has more of a pink comb and not very big. There are little bumps where maybe a future talon would be. So many different things to look at and just not sure

Last edited:
It is a 90 day old sex link. We keep going back and forth between male/female. The tail feathers are round but have a little point to them they are starting to point down. It has more of a pink comb and not very big. There are little bumps where maybe a future talon would be. So many different things to look at and just not sure
Sexlinks can be sexed by coloring. Males are solid white and develop some red as they reach maturity. Pullets are colored like your bird.

Probably Welsummer/Production Red crosses. 

Have you seen eggs from that cross? Since Productions are brown and Welsummers are dark brown/speckled, could I maybeexpect some medium brown ish? And perhaps a slightly better producer than an average wellie..

I guess I'll have to wait another 5-6 months to find out
1f61c.png

First one is a roo, and could be some kind of mix. The last too I think are welsummers though, I've gotten some pretty dark welsummers before.

Thanks for giving me some hope, we will see how they grow. I'm fine with crosses too, either way they are turning out to be some really beautiful birds with lovely temperaments...
We just wanted a colorful egg basket, so if these ones aren't dark like Welsummer eggs, I guess we'll just have to pick up some copper Marans or something on our next go around.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving me some hope, we will see how they grow. I'm fine with crosses too, either way they are turning out to be some really beautiful birds with lovely temperaments...
We just wanted a colorful egg basket, so if these ones aren't dark like Welsummer eggs, I guess we'll just have to pick up some copper Marans or something on our next go around.

Copper Marans are fun to have, I love the dark eggs. Hoping to get some for myself pretty soon :)

Back
Top Bottom