Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

The first chick is a Silkie mix. No Brahma in that bird at all. And it's a cockerel. The other two are also cockerels.

We actually bred him, so we know what's he's mixed with
263a.png
but thank you. He's a Brahma/Silkie.
1f600.png

It has a single comb. The Brahma has a pea comb, which is dominant over a single comb. Silkies have walnut combs, which is also dominant over single comb. Either you are mistaken on the parentage, or the parents are mixed instead of purebred.

The three colored ones are americauna and the black ones are Cucko marans. I believe one of the marans are a rooster, but am not sure about the others. They are 5 weeks old

Ameraucana are a recognized breed, with a specific set of traits that they have been selectively bred for. They only have a few specific color varieties, and only lay blue eggs. You know what you are getting. Easter Eggers have not been selectively bred for anything in particular. There are no guarantees with Easter Eggers.
Easter Eggers were the foundation for the Ameraucana recognized breed. Before the breed was recognized by the American Poultry Association, Easter Eggers were commonly called Ameraucana, the term Easter Egger was a nickname. Hatcheries and some breeders just didn't bother to change their marketing and labeling to reflect the recognition of the Ameraucana breed. This is why some hatcheries are still selling their Easter Eggers as Ameraucana.

White Rock pullet.
Thank you so much! I have 5 of these same chickies & this one has the largest comb so if it is a pullet, all 5 should be. Two of them are very sweet and like to be picked up and petted.
love.gif

My EE turned out to be a cockerel so really happy that these are all pullets. And glad to know they are 'White Rock' in case I want more eventually.

Back
Top Bottom